Got My SmugMug Strap Thread

1363738394042»

Comments

• dave6253dave6253 Registered Users Posts: 229 Major grins
    edited March 8, 2013
    On my 3rd request over several years, I finally was rewarded.

Nice strap! Thanks!
    365-97-XL.jpg
  • Manfr3dManfr3d Registered Users Posts: 2,008 Major grins
    edited March 8, 2013
    congrats! still waiting for my request from yeas ago to be processed :jose
    “To consult the rules of composition before making a picture is a little like consulting the law of gravitation before going for a walk.”
    ― Edward Weston
  • coldclimbcoldclimb Registered Users Posts: 1,169 Major grins
    edited April 16, 2013
    Just got a replacement strap today for one that was stolen with my camera in Vietnam. Thanks again Smugmug, you guys are (still) awesome!
    John Borland
    www.morffed.com
  • SeamusSeamus Registered Users Posts: 1,573 Major grins
    edited April 17, 2013
    Hey John,

I'm glad the strap arrived safely clap.gif
  • pickerbwpickerbw Registered Users Posts: 78 Big grins
    edited April 21, 2013
    The little black plastic clip that you use to adjust the strap length broke on mine. Any idea where I can get a new clip? It won't stay on without that clip :(.

Thanks!
  • SeanaginSeanagin Registered Users Posts: 2 Beginner grinner
    edited April 27, 2013
    I also Requested one months ago. Never got it though. How long should it take before I try again?
  • wizzywizzy Registered Users Posts: 33 Big grins
    edited May 8, 2013
    Great my new strap arrived yesterday!! Just in time to fit my new camera :) The old strap lasted for about 5 years, and is almost worn out now. But hey.. still on the backup body. THANKS !!
    i-N7xdwTS-L.jpg
  • KennySKennyS Registered Users Posts: 85 Big grins
    edited June 14, 2013
    Got mine in the post yesterday. Thanks guys!!!
  • JCJC Registered Users Posts: 768 Major grins
    edited June 26, 2013
    Anyone want a Smugmug strap?

Saw this while browsing for some vintage manual focus gear:

http://losangeles.craigslist.org/sfv/pho/3894908426.html

"Smugmug Pro Camera Strap - Brand New - Unused - $30 (Winnetka)

<really crappy picture -oh the irony>

SmugMug Pro Neoprene camera strap.
    Unused and still sealed in plastic.
    Local/cash only. The smug mug camera strap is available if you can read this posting. I will delete this ad when it is sold.

search words: Canon, Nikon, Olympus, Fuji, Sony, Pentax, Powershot, think tank, crumpler, tamrac, blackrapid, black rapid, domke, Leica, Sigma, lowpro"
    Yeah, if you recognize the avatar, new user name.
  • foxhuskyfoxhusky Registered Users Posts: 2 Beginner grinner
    edited March 19, 2014
    Ah I got mine today. All the way from the USA to The Netherlands, Europe. Thank you SmugMug! thumb.gif

i-444KcHW-S.jpg
    edited March 20, 2014
    Still waiting for mine since 2007 (?) :P
    “To consult the rules of composition before making a picture is a little like consulting the law of gravitation before going for a walk.”
    ― Edward Weston
  • AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited March 21, 2014
    Manfr3d wrote: »
    Still waiting for mine since 2007 (?) :P

Why don't you simply email the heroes - I'm sure they will get you one. Also you can fill out this form (perhaps again)

http://www.smugmug.com/free-stuff/
    edited March 21, 2014
    I guess I did not receive one because I am not a paying subscriber (not sure if this was a prerequisite back then) - so its ok ;)
    ― Edward Weston
  • slpollettslpollett Registered Users Posts: 1,189 Major grins
    edited March 21, 2014
    Ok, I know this is really dumb, but I received my smugmug strap 2 or 3 years ago and never put it on my camera. I guess the reason is that I already had the original strap on it and was too lazy to swap them out. ne_nau.gif Anyway, I had forgotten about even having it. Back in January, my camera strap broke. Luckily, I was on my knees shooting and I had one hand on my camera so it didn't drop all the way to the ground. I've been saying for 2 months now that I needed a new camera strap. So...while doing a little spring cleaning last weekend I found a box of camera stuff that I had forgotten about--filters, cleaning kit, an adapter....and....my smugmug camera strap!! I put it on my camera and Wow! is it really comfy!! Why or why didn't I just put that thing on my camera when I got it????????

Anyway, I figured y'all might need a laugh, so there it is. :D:D:D

Moral of the story, order the smugmug strap, and then put it on your camera when you receive it!

Sherry
  • sapphire73sapphire73 Registered Users, Super Moderators Posts: 1,942 moderator
    edited June 16, 2014
    Andy wrote: »
    Why don't you simply email the heroes - I'm sure they will get you one. Also you can fill out this form (perhaps again)

http://www.smugmug.com/free-stuff/

Saw your advice to another dgrinner and emailed the heroes. The SmugMug strap arrived the other day. Many months after my first request but better late than never. Looks very comfortable. clap.gif
  • Tom FosterTom Foster Registered Users Posts: 289 Major grins
    edited February 25, 2015
    Didn't know this was a thing! Just ordered it today, will post pics when it arrives! :)
  • Lille UlvenLille Ulven Registered Users Posts: 567 Major grins
    edited February 25, 2015
    Never knew about this one before I actually found this thread. I'll get mine some day too - it's just the mail in between the two of us :D
    https://www.lilleulven.smugmug.com - The Photos of my travels
  • mrPetermrPeter Registered Users Posts: 1 Beginner grinner
    I'm still using the SmugMug straps almost daily which I received 15? years ago!