Options

price list confustion

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Big grinsGrasonville, MDPosts: 0 Big grins
edited May 2, 2013 in SmugMug Pro Sales Support
See that new bay photo prices were announced for us. I've had such poor luck nailing a cost down on metalprints via my own smugmug site i've been buying directly from bay photo. Now I see that a 16x24 glossy metalprint costs 89.50, down from 94.50. If I go to my normal regular bay photo account, its 85.00 Can someone at smugmug please explain to me why it's cheaper to deal with bay photo directly? Where is the partnership discount? I am confused. Is there back end handling or something? I don't have any special bay photo pricing. My business is microscopic in the sea of professionals. I'm about to order direct again because I'm starting to wonder if I really am getting any extra value compared to your competition, especially if I have to process the order too. Regards, Mike Carter

Comments

• Options
    Ann McRaeAnn McRae Registered Users Posts: 4,584 Major grins
    edited May 2, 2013
    Hi Bagginz

The difference lies in the fact that the product you order via your SmugMug cart includes the mounting apparatus, whereas when ordering directly through Bay Photo that is an add on - priced just below the individual print prices on the Bay catalogue page on their site. The float mount block is an additional $7.50 when purchased directly from Bay. Hope that helps.
    bagginz wrote: »
    See that new bay photo prices were announced for us. I've had such poor luck nailing a cost down on metalprints via my own smugmug site i've been buying directly from bay photo. Now I see that a 16x24 glossy metalprint costs 89.50, down from 94.50. If I go to my normal regular bay photo account, its 85.00 Can someone at smugmug please explain to me why it's cheaper to deal with bay photo directly? Where is the partnership discount? I am confused. Is there back end handling or something? I don't have any special bay photo pricing. My business is microscopic in the sea of professionals. I'm about to order direct again because I'm starting to wonder if I really am getting any extra value compared to your competition, especially if I have to process the order too. Regards, Mike Carter
  • Options
    mbellotmbellot Registered Users Posts: 465 Major grins
    edited May 2, 2013
    Ann McRae wrote: »
    Hi Bagginz

The difference lies in the fact that the product you order via your SmugMug cart includes the mounting apparatus, whereas when ordering directly through Bay Photo that is an add on - priced just below the individual print prices on the Bay catalogue page on their site. The float mount block is an additional $7.50 when purchased directly from Bay. Hope that helps.

But it still costs $2.00 more to order via SM ($94.50 vs. $85.00 + $7.50).

bagginz: I've noticed this before as well with some of the larger prints done with EZ Prints. I asked Andy about it (a long time ago) and got a vague answer referring to negotiated prices.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Big grins Grasonville, MDPosts: 0 Big grins
    edited May 2, 2013
    the small discrepancies seem to me microtransactions that as a whole are being taken in by smugmug - on top of our hosting fee. Is shipping and handling a pass thru or is there a markup as well? I guess the justification in the answer might be not having to bother with the roes system and the "seamless" piece of smugmug process the order. With the increases all around lately I just want an honest answer. Thanks.
  • Options
    Ann McRaeAnn McRae Registered Users Posts: 4,584 Major grins
    edited May 2, 2013
    Hi bagginz

This is an honest answer.

The price for 16x24 float mounted metal print, from your SmugMug cart, is $89.50 without color correction. This includes the mounting apparatus.

From Bay it is $87 plus the cost of whatever mount you add to it. For the same mount that is included on the product we offer to you to sell, you would pay an additional $7.50 to Bay, which is $94.50 and more than the cost ordering from your SmugMug shopping cart.