Options

Adding price lists to galleries.

lpphotolpphoto Registered Users Posts: 12 Big grins
edited May 3, 2013 in SmugMug Pro Sales Support
I am trying to add my price list to a new gallery. When I click on TOOLS for the new gallery (Reese in Client Galleries) there is no SET PRICES option in my THIS GALLERY drop down menu. When I go to my Account Setting-Business-Making Money-Pricelists-Manage-Edit.......there is no MAKE THIS MY DEFAULT PRICE LIST box to check. I went back to look at a previous gallery that had my price list applied to it (and which I have made a past sale from - Elvis 35th Anniversary Concert) but it no longer has my pricelist associated with it. When I clicked on shopping cart it is showing up with the my cost prices. I can't figure out how to fix the problem.

Thanks,

Lori
loriphillipsphoto.com

Comments

• Options
    BeaBea Registered Users Posts: 112 Major grins
    edited May 3, 2013
    Hi Lori,

You have a Portfolio account, which means that you can create as many pricelists as you would like, but can only set one of them to default which would apply to all of your galleries. If you have a Portfolio account, you can have only one pricelist active at a time. That's why you do not see the option "Set Prices" when you click on the Tools button in your gallery :) If you would like to assign different pricelists to several galleries, you would need to upgrade to Business level. Please find more information about the differences between the Portfolio and Business levels here: http://news.smugmug.com/2012/11/08/new-for-portfolio-accounts-price-sell/

As you have only one pricelist, that's your active pricelist. It applies to all the galleries where you allowed printing.

I hope this helps!
    Bea
    SmugMug Support Hero | My website: www.beabird.net
  • Options
    edited May 3, 2013
    Thanks for your help. I'm ok with the one price list I have created being used on all my client galleries but I can't get that 1 price list to assign to any of my galleries. When I go to shop it only shows the "at cost" prices. And like I said, the price list was assigned to my Elvis Concert gallery at one time and I sold some photos at the correct price but now it has reverted back to pre-set up prices. Any suggestions? I did go into my Account Setting and the edit section of my created price list to see if it had accidentally been reset but it was still correct.
  • Options
    rainforest1155rainforest1155 Registered Users Posts: 4,566 Major grins
    edited May 3, 2013
    Lori,

Are you logged in as the owner when you're looking at your galleries? If so, you will not be charged your own prices and see SmugMug default cost. However, visitors that aren't logged in, will see your prices.
    Even logged in you can verify the prices by clicking on buy > this photo in any gallery. In the center below each product name you'll see "your customer's price".
    Sebastian
    SmugMug Support Hero
  • Options
    edited May 3, 2013
    I was looking at my site by going to loriphiilipsphoto.com but maybe I forgot to log out when I finished uploading photos. Went to my site this morning to double check if that was the problem and now I'm getting a "There's been a problem and we're working furiously to fix it" message. I'll check again later. Thanks for the input.
  • Options
    zacHer0zacHer0 Registered Users Posts: 655 Major grins
    edited May 3, 2013
    Sorry about that! We are seeing a service blip this morning and our Ops team is working on fixing it now. Please check the status page for more info - http://status.smugmug.com/services/entire-site
    Zac Williams
    Support Hero
  • Options
    zacHer0zacHer0 Registered Users Posts: 655 Major grins
    edited May 3, 2013
    And we should be back up and running.

http://status.smugmug.com/services/entire-site
    Zac Williams
    Support Hero