Smug Wallet - Iphone App

Comments

• mbonocorembonocore Registered Users Posts: 2,299 Major grins
    edited January 15, 2013
    b1green wrote: »
    Downloaded SmugWallet to my iPhone5. Login at settings and see my smugmug galleries and categories. Go to Sync tab and 'Search for Photos'. Only 1 photo shows as available to sync. Hit download photos but get Photo Download Failed. HELP, not ready to give up on SmugWallet.

SmugWallet is an app developed by a 3rd party developer. According to Derf, the developer says he will be working on an update. We cannot confirm this, as this is not an official SmugMug App.

Michael
  • davemj98davemj98 Registered Users Posts: 225 Major grins
    edited January 18, 2013
    Smug wallet
    mwink.gifI don't know how to tell you guys this, but my iphone 5, and now my ipad 4 are all downloading and using my photos from my galleries correctly. Perhaps a delete and clean install could help? Still 2 photos of 14000+ that wont load.
    Dave
    davidsdigitalphotography.com
    Alpha 99 & VG, 900x2 & VG; 50mm1.4, CZ135 1.8; CZ16-35 2.8, CZ24-70 2.8, G70-200 2.8, G70-400, Sony TC 1.4, F20, F58, F60.
    edited January 19, 2013
    Thanks for the update Dave. Are you on the current version of SmugWallet?

Michael
    edited January 19, 2013
    Just loaded it from the app store.
    Alpha 99 & VG, 900x2 & VG; 50mm1.4, CZ135 1.8; CZ16-35 2.8, CZ24-70 2.8, G70-200 2.8, G70-400, Sony TC 1.4, F20, F58, F60.
    edited January 19, 2013
    Great, thanks Dave. I will download the new version.

Michael
  • DonRicklinDonRicklin Registered Users Posts: 5,551 Major grins
    edited January 20, 2013
    What is at the App Store is V 4.1 from 2011. Not new at all, unless you just haven't been doing regular updating of your iPhone.

Don

Sent from my HTCEVOV4G using Tapatalk 2
    Don Ricklin - Gear: Canon EOS 5D Mark III, was Pentax K7
    'I was older then, I'm younger than that now' ....
    My Blog | Q+ | Moderator, Lightroom Forums | My Amateur Smugmug Stuff | My Blurb book Rust and Whimsy. More Rust , FaceBook
    edited January 20, 2013
    Don,

Yes, I didn't have that App on my iPhone 5. I did a clean install, so it never pulled over my old apps :)

Michael
  • AllenAllen Registered Users Posts: 10,007 Major grins
    edited January 21, 2013
    When 1st opening it shows "moving 2 photos' which goes away in about a minute. After selecting 3 of my new galleries (~250 photos) and search for photos only one photo is found. All the new galleries do show on Sync pages under the sub-cat where 3 were selected so the cat/sub-cat/galleries was updated.
    Al - Just a volunteer here having fun
    My Website index | My Blog
    edited January 21, 2013
    I tried the delete app on my iTouch (4) and re-download 4.1. I still got only the same number of previous images downloaded and one that one not download, listed in the app. I have new images that this version just does not see and download.

Waiting on a totally new version.

Don
    My Blog | Q+ | Moderator, Lightroom Forums | My Amateur Smugmug Stuff | My Blurb book Rust and Whimsy. More Rust , FaceBook
  • mattwrightmattwright Registered Users Posts: 124 Major grins
    edited April 29, 2013
    Hey everyone,

Sorry for being completely unresponsive to this bug for the last year or so... I have just submitted a fix to Apple (version 4.2) that will allow syncing for newer photos (The problem was that photo IDs exceeded the integer size a while back) and will also completely fill the larger iPhone 5 screen. If you notice any problems, please let me know.

Matt Wright
    Midnight Mobility
  • moose135moose135 Registered Users Posts: 1,413 Major grins
    edited April 29, 2013
    Thank you! Yours is the best of the SM apps, and I really missed being able to use it. Looking forward to downloading the update.
  • SillyGuySillyGuy Registered Users Posts: 14 Big grins
    edited April 29, 2013
    only took a year to fix.....such awesome response time.
  • derfderf Registered Users Posts: 49 Big grins
    edited April 30, 2013
    Wahooo, I have a lot of updating to do!!!
    edited May 1, 2013
    mattwright wrote: »
    Hey everyone,

Sorry for being completely unresponsive to this bug for the last year or so... I have just submitted a fix to Apple (version 4.2) that will allow syncing for newer photos (The problem was that photo IDs exceeded the integer size a while back) and will also completely fill the larger iPhone 5 screen. If you notice any problems, please let me know.

Matt Wright
    Midnight Mobility

Hi Matt,

Thanks for the update. Do you mean you have submitted this to Apple? I am assuming so, since the latest update you describe is not currently in the App Store.

If so, could you please jump back in here and let us know when it is available for download?

Thanks!

Michael
    edited May 2, 2013
    mbonocore wrote: »
    Do you mean you have submitted this to Apple? If so, could you please jump back in here and let us know when it is available for download?

Yes, I will. The current status at Apple is still "waiting for review."
    edited May 2, 2013
    Yes, I will. The current status at Apple is still "waiting for review."

Thanks Matt!
    edited May 4, 2013
    The updated app was available this morning. I downloaded it and synced my galleries. It downloaded all my new photos through this week. Looks like we are back in business!!!
    edited May 4, 2013
    Same here!
    New update available 5/4/2013clap.gifclap
    edited May 5, 2013
    mbonocore wrote: »
    If so, could you please jump back in here and let us know when it is available for download?

You probably saw the other posts already, but the update is live on the App Store.
  • GazorgGazorg Registered Users Posts: 24 Big grins
    edited May 5, 2013
    You probably saw the other posts already, but the update is live on the App Store.

At last.

I got it to fetch the missing pictures but it still says "1 photo in 1 gallery" under "available to sync" when done and it fails fetching that one with a "1 photo failed to download you may wish to try again". Of course it does not help to try again. I have 2000+ photos and cannot guess what the missing one would be. If I add new pictures/galleries they are fetched so this is just an annoyance.
    edited May 5, 2013
    Gazorg wrote: »
    At last.

I got it to fetch the missing pictures but it still says "1 photo in 1 gallery" under "available to sync" when done and it fails fetching that one with a "1 photo failed to download you may wish to try again". Of course it does not help to try again. I have 2000+ photos and cannot guess what the missing one would be. If I add new pictures/galleries they are fetched so this is just an annoyance.

I have the exact same issue as a holdover from earlier. Only I have 3k images in 115 galleries. No way to track down the errant image. Unless Smug Wallet could do it.

Sent from my HTCEVOV4G using Tapatalk 2
    edited May 6, 2013
    me too!
    headscratch.gif I have the same issue, with over 14000 photos two wont upload.
    Now how about an update for the ipad?
    Dave
    edited May 6, 2013
    davemj98 wrote: »
    I have the same issue, with over 14000 photos two wont upload.

If someone with this problem is willing to track down which album these are in (you can do so by slowly toggling specific categories (and then galleries) off in the settings screen and seeing if the photos remain to be synced), and then provide their password (email before you do so to support@midnightmobility.com) I can try to track down the issue. It's been hard for me to duplicate...
    davemj98 wrote: »
    Now how about an update for the ipad?

If/when it happens, it will be a separate app. A lot of work has already gone into it, but I haven't quite had the time to polish it up and finish the remaining functionality.

Matt
  • KenanoffKenanoff Registered Users Posts: 7 Beginner grinner
    edited May 6, 2013
    First, thank you for the update.

Now , a bug...
    I use the app also on an iPad (2nd gen)
    Now I'm unable to select "large" as a photo size - only the 480 px "iPhone" one, which looks awful. The option is there, but if I select it and click "done" it again goes to "iPhone"

I uninstalled the app, reinstalled, same error

I don't have issues on my iPhone 5 or my other iPhone 4, both use large sizes and downloaded new photos. All have the weird "one photo failed", which we had for year and a half now...
    edited May 6, 2013
    Kenanoff wrote: »
    I use the app also on an iPad (2nd gen)
    Now I'm unable to select "large" as a photo size - only the 480 px "iPhone" one, which looks awful. The option is there, but if I select it and click "done" it again goes to "iPhone"

I am aware of this and going to fix it shortly. Also hoping to track down the failed photos issue for the same update, but if I can't get that done in the next couple days, I'll release the fix for the 480px issue. I think this bug must have happened when I adjusted resolution sizes for iPhone 5.
  • KenanoffKenanoff Registered Users Posts: 7 Beginner grinner
    edited May 6, 2013
    Thanks for the info. I'll wait :)
    edited May 7, 2013

Awesome! Thanks Matt!
    edited May 8, 2013
    Kenanoff wrote: »

OK, I uploaded version 4.3 to fix this 480px/1024px issue... Still unable to reproduce the "failed photos" error that some people experience on a very small number of photos. If this is affecting you and you can figure out which album the issue is happening in (toggle specific categories on/off and see if photos to sync count changes), contact me at support@midnightmobility.com so I can figure this one out.
    edited May 8, 2013
    I've never figured out which photos wouldn't download. Almost since I started using the app 2+ years ago, 2 photos wouldn't download. With the upgrade to V4.2, now I get 1 photo that won't download, so I guess it's getting better! :-) Honestly, with 18K+ photos, it's not worth trying to figure out what the problem is, but it clearly isn't a result of the new upgrade.
    edited May 16, 2013
    Matt, I just got a new(ish) iTouch (4Gen) and put SmugWallet on it and did a fresh download. This time it said 2 wouldn't download. I tracked down one. I will see if I can track down the other, too.

This image:
    IMGP0091-S.jpg

in gallery Clark Institute of Art

Hope this helps you track the issue down. I'll write you at your email, above.

Don