Options

Manfrotto 322RC2 Grip Action Ballhead

Don KondraDon Kondra Registered Users Posts: 630 Major grins
edited May 6, 2013 in Accessories
Greetings,

I used this head for my last two studio shoots and couldn't be more pleased.

No more fiddling with a dinky little knob :)

Moving the camera into position is much more convenient since you are using both hands. Right hand under the lens, left hand on the grip. With a traditional ball head you only have one hand free to manipulate the camera, the other is "waiting" to rotate the locking knob.

It's use is pretty basic. Squeeze the grip to loosen the tension on the ball and move the camera/lens. Release pressure on the grip to Lock in the position.

Virtually no droop With smaller lenses. Not so with something heavy like the 35-100mm although it is kind of predictable.

The pressure on the ball can be adjusted but I have it at the minimum for a smooth action.

The camera can be mounted so the handle is on either the left, right or top of the grip.

I actually liked the camera best on the end of the grip but on my camera stand this places the pivot point so low that when angled to 45 degrees or so it moves the camera forward enough that you are actually leaning over the arm to look through the viewfinder.

The quick release plate snaps into place with no need to tighten and there is a safety pin you rotate to assure you don't accidentally release it.

On my old Velbon head it snaps into place and then you tighten the handle to secure it.

Gripback_zps9e85294a.jpg

Gripportrait_zps64840d3d.jpg

Gripfrontview_zps06f55141.jpg

Purchased from B&H. http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/303591-REG/Manfrotto_322RC2_322RC2_Grip_Action_Ballhead.html

Cheers, Don

Comments