Options

High School Baseball

Scott293Scott293 Registered Users Posts: 369 Major grins
edited May 6, 2013 in Sports
Here is a game I shot a couple weeks ago as my son started his first Varsity game pitching for Boone County KY angainst the the #20th team in the State East Jessamine.

My son Nathan throws a strike on his first pitch.
_SAD1699-L.jpg

_SAD1902-L.jpg

_SAD2412-L.jpg

_SAD1662-L.jpg

_SAD1866-L.jpg

_SAD2006-L.jpg
Scott Davis

Nikon D70,D2H,D300,Nikkor 300mm f2.8,Nikkor 80-200 f2.8, Nikkor 24-70 AF-S f2.8,Nikkor 50 f1.8

www.ScottDavis.smugmug.com

Comments

• Options
    jmphotocraftjmphotocraft Registered Users Posts: 2,987 Major grins
    edited May 6, 2013
    Great series. I'd like to see a little more room around the subject, at least enough such that the subject doesn't get obstructed by a frame, if you ever print and frame any. Otherwise wonderful stuff. Congrats on your son's first HS outing. Nasty looking change-up in #2!

Sadly it seems to me that nobody values sports photos as much as yourself, the subject, and other photographers! I'm always flabbergasted when I get a perfectly thrilling photo of a player, and the parent just buys a 4x6.
    -Jack

An "accurate" reproduction of a scene and a good photograph are often two different things.
  • Options
    Scott293Scott293 Registered Users Posts: 369 Major grins
    edited May 6, 2013
    Great series. I'd like to see a little more room around the subject, at least enough such that the subject doesn't get obstructed by a frame, if you ever print and frame any. Otherwise wonderful stuff. Congrats on your son's first HS outing. Nasty looking change-up in #2!

Sadly it seems to me that nobody values sports photos as much as yourself, the subject, and other photographers! I'm always flabbergasted when I get a perfectly thrilling photo of a player, and the parent just buys a 4x6.

Thanks Jim and yes I feel the same way about 4x6 that's what I crop in, I found out along time ago it's a waist of time to crop any larger. Thanks again for your nice coments!! By the way he's just a Sophomore so I have two more years two shoot :-)
    Scott Davis

Nikon D70,D2H,D300,Nikkor 300mm f2.8,Nikkor 80-200 f2.8, Nikkor 24-70 AF-S f2.8,Nikkor 50 f1.8

www.ScottDavis.smugmug.com