Options

New to CS6

Mitch SealyMitch Sealy Registered Users Posts: 21 Big grins
edited May 7, 2013 in Finishing School
I was using CS4 for a while, and finally moved to CS6. I'm absolutely in love with the program, but there's a weird thing happening that I dont quite know how to explain. It's like the image switches between what I'm doing and an under saturated, overly sharpened version. Its easier to show you what I'm seeing.

screenshotcolor_zps70925e73.jpg
screenshotbland_zps078dca56.jpg

It even uploads to photobucket with the bizarro version sometimes. I've searched the internet and because im not sure what I'm even experiencing, I dont quite know how to search for the cure. I've looked through the options and presets but can't seem to figure it out myself. Any tips and advice? Thanks!

Comments

• Options
    SamSam Registered Users Posts: 7,419 Major grins
    edited May 7, 2013
    I am not sure what you mean by "the image switches" but maybe the layer blending mode "overlay" is the issue?

Sam
  • Options
    Mitch SealyMitch Sealy Registered Users Posts: 21 Big grins
    edited May 7, 2013
    Im not sure how to explain it, it does it even with nothing done to the image. It'll do this to images with nothing happening to it. Just clicking around the program will switch it back and forth.
  • Options
    PeanoPeano Registered Users Posts: 268 Major grins
    edited May 7, 2013
    What is the top layer, labeled 'Background copy' doing? What blend mode, opacity, fill, etc.?

I assume on the middle you inverted?
  • Options
    PeanoPeano Registered Users Posts: 268 Major grins
    edited May 7, 2013
    Just clicking around the program ...

Clicking where around the program??
  • Options
    SamSam Registered Users Posts: 7,419 Major grins
    edited May 7, 2013
    Lets try this:

Open the fish image, and go step by step.

Note everything you do at each step.

When this "switching" occurs get a screen shot prior to the "switching", then note the exact clicking done by you and the after screen shot.

Sam