Options

Fix needed for bug in Sand theme

W.W. WebsterW.W. Webster Registered Users Posts: 3,204 Major grins
edited October 26, 2005 in SmugMug Support
In 'All Thumbs' or 'Traditional' style, when you click on a photo to enlarge, the green colour is lost on some of the text - using Safari on a Mac, at least.

Comments

• Options
    AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited October 25, 2005
    In 'All Thumbs' or 'Traditional' style, when you click on a photo to enlarge, the green colour is lost on some of the text - using Safari on a Mac, at least.

i cannot replicate. mac, tiger, safari (latest versions of all). can you please make a screen grab so we can see *exactly* what you are getting?
  • Options
    edited October 25, 2005
    andy wrote:
    i cannot replicate. mac, tiger, safari (latest versions of all). can you please make a screen grab so we can see *exactly* what you are getting?
    Andy

Using Safari 2.0.1 (build 412.5) on Mac OS X 10.4.2 -

41590626-L.jpg

41590571-L.jpg

Notice the green text for the gallery name is changed to grey?
  • Options
    AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited October 25, 2005

Notice the green text for the gallery name is changed to grey?

ahhh - okay i was taking your words "green color is lost" literally, but you actually meant "what was green, is now grey." no wonder i couldn't replicate it... got it. thanks for the clarification. i'm sure jt will see this.
  • Options
    edited October 25, 2005
    andy wrote:
    no wonder i couldn't replicate it... got it. thanks for the clarification. i'm sure jt will see this.
    As we, on these forums, understand so well, a picture is worth a thousand words - at least!

Thanks for your interest in this, Andy.
  • Options
    {JT}{JT} Registered Users Posts: 1,016 Major grins
    edited October 26, 2005
    This is actually a bug in your gallery title; here is what you have entered:
    Women's Interprovincial Golf Teams<br><FONT SIZE=1> Final Day Teams and Supporters<br> Ngaruawahia Golf Club, 8 October 2005<br><br> © 2005 Ross Collins</size></FONT>

I think you are creating an optical illusion here, where part of the title is looking like something that belongs in the gallery description. The gallery title turns gray on single image view because the gallery title becomes a link back to the traditional view - and since you have alrady been there, gray is the visited link color.
  • Options
    edited October 26, 2005
    It's a problem, for sure!
    {JT} wrote:
    This is actually a bug in your gallery title ... I think you are creating an optical illusion here, where part of the title is looking like something that belongs in the gallery description ...
    I only want a by-line, not write a book about the gallery, and I haven't previously used the gallery description for this because it has created hideously large text. Irrespective, I'm certain this is definitely a bug in Sand because if I remove all the HTML from my gallery title, the problem I reported remains.
  • Options
    edited October 26, 2005
    You are right - removing the HTML will not help. The reason that the green color is lost is because when you go to single image view the title is now a link and the visited link color is green. So it is not really a bug, if it bothers you I can give you code to fix it.

I only want a by-line, not write a book about the gallery, and I haven't previously used the gallery description for this because it has created hideously large text. Irrespective, I'm certain this is definitely a bug in Sand because if I remove all the HTML from my gallery title, the problem I reported remains.
  • Options
    edited October 26, 2005
    I think I understand
    {JT} wrote:
    ... So it is not really a bug, if it bothers you I can give you code to fix it.
    So it's not really a bug in the Sand theme, it's an inherent issue attributable to the design of Smugmug?

Yes, I would be pleased to have the 'fix', thank you. Can you also tell me how I apply it?

Thanks for your attention and prompt response.
  • Options
    edited October 26, 2005
    It has been fixed for you

So it's not really a bug in the Sand theme, it's an inherent issue attributable to the design of Smugmug?

Yes, I would be pleased to have the 'fix', thank you. Can you also tell me how I apply it?

Thanks for your attention and prompt response.
  • Options
    edited October 26, 2005
    Thanks, JT
    {JT} wrote:
    It has been fixed for you
    First rate service - I appreciate it.