Lightroom 5 beta released

Ed911Ed911 Registered Users Posts: 1,306 Major grins
edited May 18, 2013 in Digital Darkroom
I've been reading about the beta release of LR5. It looks like it has some useful upgrades in the form of tool enhancements.

Comments...
Remember, no one may want you to take pictures, but they all want to see them.
Educate yourself like you'll live forever and live like you'll die tomorrow.

Ed

Comments

• DonRicklinDonRicklin Registered Users Posts: 5,551 Major grins
    edited April 20, 2013
    Check out Smart Previews generated when images are on line and usable for basic editing and Library work while they are offline, unlike regular Previews.

Upright, under Lens Corrections is a god send!

Don
    Don Ricklin - Gear: Canon EOS 5D Mark III, was Pentax K7
    'I was older then, I'm younger than that now' ....
    My Blog | Q+ | Moderator, Lightroom Forums | My Amateur Smugmug Stuff | My Blurb book Rust and Whimsy. More Rust , FaceBook
  • ziggy53ziggy53 Super Moderators Posts: 23,765 moderator
    edited April 20, 2013
    I suppose that we should include the link to the LR 5 Beta page.

http://blogs.adobe.com/photoshopdotcom/2013/04/lightroom-5-beta-now-available.html
    ziggy53
    Moderator of the Cameras and Accessories forums
  • divamumdivamum Registered Users Posts: 9,021 Major grins
    edited April 21, 2013
    Meh. I don't like this constant-upgrade thing; I only just jumped onto LR4 a few weeks ago,a nd I don't want to do the online subscription thing. Oh well... fortunately, my cameras are all covered by LR4's engine, so it should be a while before I "have" to upgrade!

On a slightly OT note: is it me, or is LR4's noise reduction less good than LR3's? I find I have to use a much lighter hand in 4 or it gets plasticky very quickly. ne_nau.gif
  • NewsyNewsy Registered Users Posts: 605 Major grins
    edited April 22, 2013
  • ThirdDayImagingThirdDayImaging Registered Users Posts: 95 Big grins
    edited May 18, 2013
    I have the LR5 Beta version and am really enjoying it. Looking forward to making the upgrade as soon after release as finances will allow.
    Happy Shooting, Scott
    Bodies: Panasonic Lumix GF3 and G5
    Lenses: Leica/Lumix Summilux 25mm f1.4, Leica Summicron 50mm f2 (dual range), Leica Summicron 90mm f2, Leica Elmar 135mm f4, Lumix 12-42mm f3.5-f5
  • bfluegiebfluegie Registered Users Posts: 736 Major grins
    edited May 18, 2013
    divamum wrote: »
    Meh. I don't like this constant-upgrade thing; I only just jumped onto LR4 a few weeks ago,a nd I don't want to do the online subscription thing. Oh well... fortunately, my cameras are all covered by LR4's engine, so it should be a while before I "have" to upgrade!

On a slightly OT note: is it me, or is LR4's noise reduction less good than LR3's? I find I have to use a much lighter hand in 4 or it gets plasticky very quickly. ne_nau.gif

I am literally just installing my copy of LR4 as I read this. Really--no lie, I am waiting for the version 4.4 upgrade to download. It is my first version of LR, so I think I will let others do the beta for now while I learn 4.
    ~~Barbara