Options

How FRUSTRATING! >.<

JAGJAG Super Moderators Posts: 9,088 moderator
edited May 27, 2013 in The Dgrin Challenges
I thought I would start a new thread here just to get your attention! So many wonderful entries yet so many set up for DQ! I expected low numbers since this is on a Memorial weekend, however as it stands right now, we have 3 images set to be DQ'ed.

2 of them because they were taken outside of the challenge time frame. PLEASE read the rules! 1 will be DQ'ed because of the exif link they posted only goes to a picture that won't let me see the exif!

PLEASE! New people to the challenges need to READ the rules in full! You can find them at this link http://www.dgrin.com/showthread.php?t=162655

Those who are veterans to the challenges need to double check their exifs and be sure they are within the guidlines!

I do not mind running these challenges so you all can have some fun and hopefully experience some new things with your photography. However, it really is not fun for me to have to DQ anyone! I try and make it a policy not to PM people who are lined up for DQ, mainly due to my lack of time I have to spend doing so. I will on occassion for brand new people who enter for the first time, send out a PM in order to hopefully get them to read the rules and change their entry that is for DQ. I will not do this for those who have entered successfully before!

It is YOUR responsibility to make sure your entry is qualified for the challenges so not to be disqualified! I am just here to make sure that all the entries are following the rules, and to do all the background work of making the voting round run smoothly and putting up new challenges!

PLEASE CHECK, THEN RECHECK YOUR ENTRIES! When you enter into the challenges. Whether your new or have been doing challenges for years, just do it!

Ok I am done with my rant. I hope the message is received!:deal

Comments

• Options
    PedalGirlPedalGirl Registered Users Posts: 794 Major grins
    edited May 27, 2013
    Thanks, Joyce, for all your hard work on the challenges. And thanks for cleaning up my boo boo. That's why I always check after uploading... I didn't do anything to that photo that would have stripped exif. BUT somehow the wrong box had gotten checked in the export from LR and it stripped the info. Had I not checked, mine would have been a 4th DQ.
    Pho-tog-ra-pher (n) 1. One who practices photography 2. one obsessed with capturing life with their camera. 3. One who eats, sleeps and breathes photographs. 4. One who sees the world in 4x6.
    www.lisaspeakmanphotography.com
  • Options
    sweetharmonysweetharmony Registered Users Posts: 405 Major grins
    edited May 27, 2013
    OH! I had to re-check mine....so sorry, Joyce.....thought my EXIF worked but it didn't (could have sworn I had it right after checking it three times)....I'm still ironing out the kinks with a new photo host and graphics editor. Think I've got it now....
    -Leah
  • Options
    billseyebillseye Registered Users Posts: 847 Major grins
    edited May 27, 2013
    I just checked my EXIF and it shows the correct time taken, but has a date modified that in the future. Obviously, I couldn't have modified it after the entry time. Not sure what's caused that. Never seen anything like this. I'll put it up on my Smugmug account with an exif link.
    Bill Banning

Check out billseye photos on SmugMug
  • Options
    JAGJAG Super Moderators Posts: 9,088 moderator
    edited May 27, 2013
    billseye wrote: »
    I just checked my EXIF and it shows the correct time taken, but has a date modified that in the future. Obviously, I couldn't have modified it after the entry time. Not sure what's caused that. Never seen anything like this. I'll put it up on my Smugmug account with an exif link.

That's a weird glitch indeed. However, I just look at the time it was taken, not the modification dates.

Sweetharmony, I am so glad you saw this post and have a chance to straighten the exif issue out!