Options

Ape Case Question/recomendations

DeputydawgDeputydawg Registered Users Posts: 59 Big grins
edited June 2, 2013 in Accessories
Anyone have any experience with Ape Case Backpacks? I am wondering if I need the 1800, 1900 or 2000

I am planing on having my Canon 60D with a battery grip, A canon 100-400, canon 70-200 F4, canon 17-55 2.8, canon 60mm 2.8 prime, and a speed light 430 ex that will be on the inside along with the hoods ect. I need room to add a wide angle and a 100 macro lens down the road. Currently I have the Canon backpack that sells for about 40.00 on Amazon and its going to be a little to small I think and structurally not adequate for what I want inside. I also like the idea of having the rain cover.

The price for the 1900 and 2000 are nice right now. I am also open to suggestions for other brands. Would like to stay around the 100.00 or less price range

Comments

• Options
    edited May 26, 2013
    should of added I keep the lens that I am using at the time attached to the camera in the bag ready to go so most of the time its the 70-200 f4 but could be the 100-400
  • Options
    edited May 26, 2013
    I am also looking for something that does not scream steal me, I am a camera bag!! Lol
  • Options
    Gary752Gary752 Registered Users Posts: 934 Major grins
    edited June 2, 2013
    I have the Ape Case ACpro2000, and I can tell you it is large and a bit heavy when empty. Currently I have a D300 with a Tamron 70-200 f2.8 attached in mine with a backup camera, and 6 other lenses, and my SB600 flash and Gossen light meter in the main compartment. Also, there are a lot of pockets available for other stuff. The thing I like about it is the main compartment is removable, so you can use it for other things when not needing your camera gear. I also have one of their other bags, which I've had since the beginning of 2009, and still looks almost brand new. So Ape Case, in my opinion, is a well made bag!

GaryB
    GaryB
    “The single most important component of a camera is the twelve inches behind it!” - Ansel Adams