Options

Camera cover or case WHILE shooting? Lenscoat Bodyguard? Anybody using it?

haringharing Registered Users Posts: 281 Major grins
edited June 3, 2013 in Accessories
Does anybody use Lenscoat Bodyguard?

Here is the link: http://www.amazon.com/LensCoat-LCBGP...uard%C2%AE+Pro

I am looking for a solution to protect my cameras while we are shooting a wedding with my wife. I would love to keep the lens cover on the camera. I am not really interested in lens covers which protects photography gear in your bag.

What do you recommend?

Comments

• Options
    ziggy53ziggy53 Super Moderators Posts: 23,827 moderator
    edited June 3, 2013
    I would hate having a cover on my camera to shoot a wedding.

The "Lenscoat Bodyguard" series in particular do not seem to account for either tripod mount or flash/hotshoe mount.

For the Canon "1" series bodies I use aluminum, boat-bottom, formed cases, with foam inserts. While these do take a lot of room (they are not very efficient for space), they isolate the camera components from each other and take a fair amount of abuse while protecting the cameras during transport.

For the other bodies and lenses I prefer a large-ish top-loader "sling" bag, to which I have added a neoprene strap, which allows carrying the bag on-the-shoulder. This typically holds a Canon 5D MkII with lens, several other lenses, several flashes, plus extra batteries for everything, plus various and sundry filters, smaller flash modifiers, etc. Dividers in the bag keep everything inside from contacting each-other.

I also use a large multi-purpose, semi-rigid Lightware MF 1420 Multi-Format Case for more flashes, meters, slave sets, and larger flash modifiers. It has an adjustable divider system, and then I add foam as needed to protect the contents.

In other words, protect the stuff during transport, but during a shoot just handle it respectfully.
    ziggy53
    Moderator of the Cameras and Accessories forums
  • Options
    CuongCuong Registered Users Posts: 1,508 Major grins
    edited June 3, 2013
    Unless the wedding is held in a harsh environment, I don't really see the benefit of using the Lenscoat Bodyguard. This Lenscoat Bodyguard might be more applicable to what the OP is looking for.

Cuong
    "She Was a Little Taste of Heaven – And a One-Way Ticket to Hell!" - Max Phillips
  • Options
    haringharing Registered Users Posts: 281 Major grins
    edited June 3, 2013
    Me and my wife, we are shooting a lot of wedding on the beach in Miami. For the last couple of weeks the wind is so strong that the cameras and lenses get regularly sandy and often wet. My 24-70mm got sand into it. Lost AF.