Options

My Son (Baby)

IotaIota Registered Users Posts: 24 Big grins
edited June 10, 2013 in People
Playing around with my new 7D, I did some impromptu shooting with my son sitting in one of those bumbo seats using only window light. Overall I'm pleased with the results, but I welcome C&C for improvements as I'm not a pro.

p1559657568-4.jpg

p1559659750-4.jpg

p1559651864-4.jpg

Thanks for looking

Comments

• Options
    divamumdivamum Registered Users Posts: 9,021 Major grins
    edited June 9, 2013
    I think these are great! You've used the light beautifully, and you've used a wide aperture to blur out what could have been a distracting background. The only really distracting things are the bits of green in #2 (crop them or desaturate them maybe?), and the bright window in #3 (clone or crop it out)

Adorable subject, too - what a cutie thumb.gif
  • Options
    VayCayMomVayCayMom Registered Users Posts: 1,870 Major grins
    edited June 10, 2013
    those bumbo things are great but they outgrow them so fast. My cc is entirely from my taste in photos... a little brightening and a bit of sharpening would make them pop a bit. That is just for PP, the ground work is pretty good for just playing with your new camera.
    Trudy
    www.CottageInk.smugmug.com

NIKON D700
  • Options
    IotaIota Registered Users Posts: 24 Big grins
    edited June 10, 2013
    Thanks for the responses.

I was going to try and crop the bumbo (Green) out of the 2nd pic, but in order to remove it all, I thought the crop would be weird as I'd be cutting off his arm. I'll try de-saturating it and see if it draws less attention to it.
  • Options
    QarikQarik Registered Users Posts: 4,959 Major grins
    edited June 10, 2013
    bump the exposure in post by maybe 2/3 of a stop. add some sharpneing and contrast and watch these pop!
    D700, D600
    14-24 24-70 70-200mm (vr2)
    85 and 50 1.4
    45 PC and sb910 x2
    http://www.danielkimphotography.com
  • Options
    divamumdivamum Registered Users Posts: 9,021 Major grins
    edited June 10, 2013
    Qarik wrote: »
    bump the exposure in post by maybe 2/3 of a stop. add some sharpneing and contrast and watch these pop!

thumb.gif