Options

Display Bayphoto Products on my "Your investment" Page

steperenkosteperenko Registered Users Posts: 89 Big grins
Hello, I am trying to build my site and I would like to have a display of products from bayphoto available to my clients on my "Your investment" page. For example - an image of a thin wrap, an album or metal ornament etc.

So far I cannot see it possible. I cannot even find the link (with no prices) to insert into my page.

Is there a way to do this?

Comments

• Options
    TheOnlookerTheOnlooker Registered Users Posts: 168 Major grins
    edited November 28, 2012
    steperenko wrote: »
    Hello, I am trying to build my site and I would like to have a display of products from bayphoto available to my clients on my "Your investment" page. For example - an image of a thin wrap, an album or metal ornament etc.

So far I cannot see it possible. I cannot even find the link (with no prices) to insert into my page.

Is there a way to do this?

If you want, you can do both, or either.

The images on this page are able to be used on your site if you would like. Or, you can use that same link (it will not show the pricing) and link your customers to the catalog. Keep in mind that when they are going through the order process, they will see product descriptions in the cart as well.

-KevinW
    Support Hero
  • Options
    edited November 29, 2012
    Thank you Kevin. This is going to sound really silly,... do I just copy and paste the images? How would I go about putting images on my site? And how do I embed a link on my page? Thank you.
  • Options
    AllenAllen Registered Users Posts: 10,011 Major grins
    edited November 29, 2012
    Thank you Kevin. This is going to sound really silly,... do I just copy and paste the images? How would I go about putting images on my site? And how do I embed a link on my page? Thank you.
    Here's an example of the HTML for the 1st product on the page. In Firefox I right-clicked and got link to photo.
    [I]<[/I]img src="http://cdn.smugmug.com/img/prints/metalprint-display-200.jpg" />[I]<[/I]br />
    [I]<[/I]b>Float Mounted MetalPrint</b>[I]<[/I]br />
    Durable, dye-infused aluminum sheets [I]<[/I]br />
    with incredible detail and luminescence.

Al - Just a volunteer here having fun
    My Website index | My Blog
  • Options
    edited November 29, 2012
    So be patient with me... I copy and paste this into HTML in my advanced custom.-ion and then what? Does the same apply if I just wanted to insert a link to direct the public over there?
  • Options
    edited November 29, 2012
    So be patient with me... I copy and paste this into HTML in my advanced custom.-ion and then what? Does the same apply if I just wanted to insert a link to direct the public over there?
    No, not exactly. The html, along with the rest of the images/text would go in a text box on your gallery
    page like the gallery description or caption.

Look here for examples of html type text/image pages to get an idea of what others are doing. Almost all
    are html in the gallery description.
  • Options
    edited November 29, 2012
    Is there a limit to how many photos I can add under old style journal? I uploaded my photo but it is not showing up. This is getting to be a bigger mess than I expected. Alan, I hate to throw you under the bus, but since you are the guy who practically built my website, can you help once more? "Your investment" page is getting too cluttered. How do I add a sidebar that says Storefront?
  • Options
    edited November 29, 2012
    Is there a limit to how many photos I can add under old style journal? I uploaded my photo but it is not showing up. This is getting to be a bigger mess than I expected. Alan, I hate to throw you under the bus, but since you are the guy who practically built my website, can you help once more? "Your investment" page is getting too cluttered. How do I add a sidebar that says Storefront?
    There is no limit to the number of photos but only a limited number will show on each page.
    Got a link to the page?
  • Options
    edited November 30, 2012
  • Options
    edited November 30, 2012
    Deleted CSS now I can see... when logged out
  • Options
    mrhonimrhoni Registered Users Posts: 173 Major grins
    edited June 12, 2013
    Is there any way to display more than 10 items on a Journal Old page. I would prefer to not have 2 pages. I was given some code a day or 2 ago for how to build a page similar to Journal Old to get larger photos but wanted to try Journal Old first and was ending up ok with it until I just hit this 10 photo limit.

This is my page
    http://www.mrhoni-photography.com/Private-Galleries/Products/29856346_fvckCH
  • Options
    denisegoldbergdenisegoldberg Administrators Posts: 14,246 moderator
    edited June 12, 2013
    mrhoni wrote: »
    Is there any way to display more than 10 items on a Journal Old page. I would prefer to not have 2 pages. I was given some code a day or 2 ago for how to build a page similar to Journal Old to get larger photos but wanted to try Journal Old first and was ending up ok with it until I just hit this 10 photo limit.
    No, there isn't.

You will need to use an HTML-only page if you want to show more than 10 items on a single page; Journal (Old) and Journal styles show at most 10 images.

--- Denise