Options

Fall Photography Advice in the Desert. NM, AZ, UT

jasontjasont Registered Users Posts: 5 Beginner grinner
I am very new here and this is my first post. I havent even taken the time to edit my profile yet. ;)

I am looking to go through NM, AZ, and UT to do a photography trip. Things included could be anything from White Sands in NM, to the slot canyons near Page AZ on up to Zion Park UT and over into Moab (and things in between). I have ideas on what to see but my biggest wonder is if I were to wait until closer to the Fall season...what would likely be the most ideal time to go weather and tourist wise? I was going to go the first week of June but another trip has come up. The reason for June is the temps since I will be primitive camping a lot of it. Really any info would be appreciated. :)

Comments

• Options
    PhotogbikerPhotogbiker Registered Users Posts: 351 Major grins
    edited May 22, 2013
    For the AZ portion I'll add Canyon de Chelly to your list. Fall up north in Flagstaff is prime golden aspen leaf time, say mid October. Of course you are very close to the Grand Canyon also, or drop a bit south of Flagstaff to Sedona. Red rocks and yellow aspens in Sedona are amazing in October-ish. That whole northern half of AZ is great that time of year.
  • Options
    jasontjasont Registered Users Posts: 5 Beginner grinner
    edited June 12, 2013
    Thank you Photogbiker! This also gives me more ideas for a fall theme. :)