Options

Welcome to Round #130 of the Dgrin Sharp Shooters Challenges.

JAGJAG Super Moderators Posts: 9,088 moderator
edited June 13, 2013 in The Dgrin Challenges
This challenge is for all dgrin members.

It will run from Monday, May 27, 2013 8:00pm PST time (GMT -8) on through Monday, June 10, 2013 8:00pm PST time (GMT -8).

The theme this round for your interpretation will be: Hot or Cold

Make your hot be hot or your cold be cold! Let your image speak for iteslf whether it be hot or cold. No mixing the two because then it will be lukewarm! So interpret any way you would like, as long as the viewer sees either hot or cold.

NO EDITING RESTRICTIONS!

Your Judge:
1 round 72 Hour Public Vote.

IMPORTANT NOTE: Your entry is to be submitted directly into a SmugMug gallery. It's pretty simple, just go to the gallery link below, and follow the upload instructions at the top of the page:

DSS 130 Gallery

Remember, the basics stay the same: 1 entry per person, and the photo must be fresh, taken during this contest period. Do not use a minimal save method (such as "save for web"), and your EXIF will be embedded in your image, no worries!

To avoid disqualification, read, in full, the Dgrin Sharp Shooters Challenge
RULES.
:deal

Comments

• Options
    DonFischerDonFischer Registered Users Posts: 128 Major grins
    edited June 1, 2013
    Try this again.

DSC_0033-1%20800-M.jpg
  • Options
    edited June 2, 2013
    DonFischer wrote: »
    Try this again.
    Don, what is it you are trying to do?
  • Options
    PedalGirlPedalGirl Registered Users Posts: 794 Major grins
    edited June 3, 2013
    Does "date digitized" count as date taken? It looks like the date/time is correct for when it was shot... but I don't remember that wording ever being applied to the exif before. Not sure what I did that changed that.
    Pho-tog-ra-pher (n) 1. One who practices photography 2. one obsessed with capturing life with their camera. 3. One who eats, sleeps and breathes photographs. 4. One who sees the world in 4x6.
    www.lisaspeakmanphotography.com
  • Options
    edited June 3, 2013
    PedalGirl wrote: »
    Does "date digitized" count as date taken? It looks like the date/time is correct for when it was shot... but I don't remember that wording ever being applied to the exif before. Not sure what I did that changed that.
    I was under the assumption that the wording "date digitalized" was for images that were scanned into a computer. Do you have an exif on the image that doesn't say that before taking it into an editor that you can put in a gallery and link that exif to your entry? I will have to check on the rulings about date digitalized.

Edit: after looking at your image and exif, apparently your editing program has not read the exif off the camera, it only identified the camera used and the time that it was loaded to a computer, thus does not qualify as is. I recommend that you upload the unedited version of the image directly into one of your galleries and link the exif. Awesome image though!
  • Options
    PedalGirlPedalGirl Registered Users Posts: 794 Major grins
    edited June 3, 2013
    JAG wrote: »
    I was under the assumption that the wording "date digitalized" was for images that were scanned into a computer. Do you have an exif on the image that doesn't say that before taking it into an editor that you can put in a gallery and link that exif to your entry? I will have to check on the rulings about date digitalized.

Edit: after looking at your image and exif, apparently your editing program has not read the exif off the camera, it only identified the camera used and the time that it was loaded to a computer, thus does not qualify as is. I recommend that you upload the unedited version of the image directly into one of your galleries and link the exif. Awesome image though!

Thanks, Joyce. I'll go back to the raw image and upload it and link in the gallery for a clean exif.
    Pho-tog-ra-pher (n) 1. One who practices photography 2. one obsessed with capturing life with their camera. 3. One who eats, sleeps and breathes photographs. 4. One who sees the world in 4x6.
    www.lisaspeakmanphotography.com
  • Options
    grandmaRgrandmaR Registered Users Posts: 1,966 Major grins
    edited June 3, 2013
    DonFischer wrote: »
    Try this again.

DSC_0033-1%20800-M.jpg

Don are you giving this as example of Cold? Because it qualifies for that. However if you intend to enter it into the Challenge, it is outside the acceptable time frame because it looks like it was taken in February. The Challenge photos have to be taken during the time frame specified. Only the Mini-Challenges allow old photos to be entered. Also of course, you have to enter the image in the Gallery for a regular Challenge and not in this thread.
    “"..an adventure is an inconvenience rightly considered." G.K. Chesterton”
  • Options
    edited June 3, 2013
    I am thinking that Don might be wanting to enter but has not read the rules of the challenge. He hasn't been on since he posted this, so we shall wait and see if anything comes of it! In some parts of the world, it is fall/winter. Like in Australia. So they may be getting frost or snow. But he could have used an IR filter to get this effect.
  • Options
    grandmaRgrandmaR Registered Users Posts: 1,966 Major grins
    edited June 13, 2013
    I had an entry, but I can't get it out of the camera into the computer. I'm on a cruise and my computer refuses to boot except in the safe mode. This cruise ship does not have a computer area with ship's computers. Disney Fantasy.
    “"..an adventure is an inconvenience rightly considered." G.K. Chesterton”
  • Options
    edited June 13, 2013
    grandmaR wrote: »
    I had an entry, but I can't get it out of the camera into the computer. I'm on a cruise and my computer refuses to boot except in the safe mode. This cruise ship does not have a computer area with ship's computers. Disney Fantasy.

Really? That's unfortunate! I travel with my own laptop and I have purchased several inexpensive card readers so I can always upload my pictures nightly to my computer. That way I can reformat the card and start fresh the next day. It also let's me take more pictures and helps me catalog where the pictures were taken.