Options

An Amazing Piece of Glass, Captured By An Amazing Piece of Glass

ThirdDayImagingThirdDayImaging Registered Users Posts: 95 Big grins
edited June 19, 2013 in Other Cool Shots
Guarding the Easternmost point of land in the USA is (ironically) West Quoddy Head Lighthouse. The other amazing piece of glass would be my 1960 Leica Elmar 135mm.

1/40 second at f8 - ISO 160
i-WqDF5Vt-XL.jpg
Happy Shooting, Scott
Bodies: Panasonic Lumix GF3 and G5
Lenses: Leica/Lumix Summilux 25mm f1.4, Leica Summicron 50mm f2 (dual range), Leica Summicron 90mm f2, Leica Elmar 135mm f4, Lumix 12-42mm f3.5-f5

Comments

• Options
    superduckzsuperduckz Registered Users Posts: 377 Major grins
    edited June 18, 2013
    Really excellent shot. I've tried to find a similar angle on the St Augustine Lighthouse but it's so darn tall that I'd need a very long lens for a similar angle. The prisms are marvels when seen up close. Especially considering the era and technology available at the time. Thanks for sharing and the inspiration.
    Accidents and Inspiration
    One of these days I'll have to figure out what my "style" is..
  • Options
    ThirdDayImagingThirdDayImaging Registered Users Posts: 95 Big grins
    edited June 19, 2013
    Thank you Steve. You're right, these type of images are often difficult to capture for the precise reason that you stated. I was fortunate in that the lighthouse above is situated downhill. When you first drive in to the State Park the top of it is at eye level - that helped! Another thing that helped was the Micro Four Thirds System in this case. My Leica 135mm becomes a loss-less 270mm with that format.

Btw, your Zenfolio web page is excellent! You have a very large number of exceptional images, and it was a joy perusing them.

Here is a shot of the full lighthouse (pushed a bit):
    i-RmWm8H7-XL.jpg
    Happy Shooting, Scott
    Bodies: Panasonic Lumix GF3 and G5
    Lenses: Leica/Lumix Summilux 25mm f1.4, Leica Summicron 50mm f2 (dual range), Leica Summicron 90mm f2, Leica Elmar 135mm f4, Lumix 12-42mm f3.5-f5