Options

Bridge in B&W ...

superduckzsuperduckz Registered Users Posts: 377 Major grins
edited June 19, 2013 in Other Cool Shots
I don't shoot a lot in B&W (or with it in mind) but I'm pretty happy with this one. shrug..
p1600529742-5.jpg
Accidents and Inspiration
One of these days I'll have to figure out what my "style" is..

Comments

• Options
    EaracheEarache Registered Users Posts: 3,533 Major grins
    edited June 15, 2013
    Nicely done!
    Cool POV and beautiful conversion.
    Nits are the horizon dips to the right, and I prefer corrected vertical distortion - but that's just me.
    Eric ~ Smugmug
  • Options
    KevXmanKevXman Registered Users Posts: 945 Major grins
    edited June 17, 2013
    I like it! Have always liked B&W if done "correctly" and you have done a nice job with this one. I would straighten the horizon like Eric mentioned but other than that not much else needs to be done. I am curious as to how it would look if you brought the edges in top and bottom and made it more of a pano. Not that it needs it just curious. It seems to me that city skylines lend themselves to pano shots.
    — Kevin
    Enjoy today, tomorrow is not guaranteed.

My Site, My Book
  • Options
    superduckzsuperduckz Registered Users Posts: 377 Major grins
    edited June 18, 2013
    Thanks much. All fair and appreciated criticism. The truth was at the time I was juuust a little out of position and the bridge left the frame out of balance (and the buildings had a LOT of bend to them). I "thought" I was on the centerline but I obviously was not. I also did NOT have my best lens for this shot either. So with too many compromises I pushed and pulled on this image in so many directions in order to get some sort of symmetry at the top that I essentially just missed the horizon. I just stared at it for too long I guess. I do like the shot but I need to go back for another crack at it I think. Still learning every day..
    Accidents and Inspiration
    One of these days I'll have to figure out what my "style" is..
  • Options
    KevXmanKevXman Registered Users Posts: 945 Major grins
    edited June 18, 2013
    Yeah, I hear you superduckz. I'll take a photo, go home and work it to death until I think it is as perfect as I can get it, then.....I'll go back to that same location and start all over again.:D
    — Kevin
    Enjoy today, tomorrow is not guaranteed.

My Site, My Book
  • Options
    AngeloAngelo Super Moderators Posts: 8,937 moderator
    edited June 19, 2013