Options

Welcome to Round #131 of the Dgrin Sharp Shooters Challenges-CLOSED

JAGJAG Super Moderators Posts: 9,088 moderator
edited June 19, 2013 in The Dgrin Challenges
This challenge is for all dgrin members.

It will run from Monday, June 10, 2013 8:00pm PST time (GMT -8) on through Monday, June 24, 2013 8:00pm PST time (GMT -8).

The theme this round for your interpretation will be: MUSIC

Anything and everything to do with music! Whether its someone singing, an instrument, a band or sheet music itself, let it scream MUSIC at us! Detail to lighting, clarity or DOF and subject matter should be taken into consideration. Your image should not just be a shot of something musical, rather it should have the feeling of the music coming from the image.

Thus taking a picture of a guitar by itself, you should concider something striking the strings and get the movement of the sound of music coming from the instrument. You can by putting a line of music score coming from a clarinet (it your not using a person as a model actually playing it with emotion) and merge the music line score coming from the instrument by a composition of two photos. But you will have to show all exifs under your user-title name to show that they were taken within time frame by you. (see how to insert EXIFs HERE). Otherwise you can do any other type of editing to make it work as long as all added pixels are accounted for with an image exif of an actual photo you took!

EDITING RESTRICTIONS are listed above

Your Judge:
1 round 72 Hour Public Vote.

IMPORTANT NOTE: Your entry is to be submitted directly into a SmugMug gallery. It's pretty simple, just go to the gallery
link below, and follow the upload instructions at the top of the page:

DSS 131 Gallery

Remember, the basics stay the same: 1 entry per person, and the photo must be fresh, taken during this contest period. Do not use a minimal save method (such as "save for web"), and your EXIF will be embedded in your image, no worries!

To avoid disqualification, read, in full, the Dgrin Sharp Shooters Challenge RULES.

Comments

• Options
    grandmaRgrandmaR Registered Users Posts: 1,954 Major grins
    edited June 15, 2013
    The best photo I would have for this was taken a day early. And even that isn't that good. Currently I am on a cruise ship with a computer that will only boot in the safe mode and the only way I have to get the pictures off my camera is to take it too the camera hop on board and get them to copy them to a CD. Which is $15.00. Won't be back off the ship until June 22nd and even then I doubt if I could get a entry ready.
    “"..an adventure is an inconvenience rightly considered." G.K. Chesterton”
  • Options
    PeterkPeterk Registered Users Posts: 7 Beginner grinner
    edited June 19, 2013
    Just found this challenge...
    And have an idea for a really cool image (I hope) that will take a bit of work. But, I'm just wondering, since I only see two entries after more than a week, will this challenge still be voted on, etc? Is there some minimun number of entries required for a challenge?

Thanks
  • Options
    CambysesCambyses Registered Users Posts: 141 Major grins
    edited June 19, 2013
    Most of the pictures typically get submitted over the last few days.
  • Options
    PeterkPeterk Registered Users Posts: 7 Beginner grinner
    edited June 19, 2013
    Cambyses wrote: »
    Most of the pictures typically get submitted over the last few days.
    Thanks