Options

Non-for-profit School Organization Trying to make money

osgargosgarg Registered Users Posts: 1 Beginner grinner
I did a quick search around the forum but didn't find some of my answers (so sorry if I missed them).

I am the admin for the smugmug site for our local school organization. We post pictures and videos of our kids - mostly for personal use.

We decided to start a fund raiser by selling some of the photos soon to friends and family.

I have a couple of questions related to this:

1) The school organization has a non-profit tax id. I'm going to use it where I need to let smugmug know this information. Will payments be sent to me (owner and address on smugmug account) or to the organization (name listed in W9 info)?

2) We would like to make money on the pictures and other items but we're not sure if we just add a percentage or dollar amount to each item - and what amount? What suggestions do people have. We obviously want to make money on pictures/mugs/etc, but these are friends and family too.

3) Sales tax- as a non-for profit, do we worry about this? We are in Virginia.

4) Am I missing anything else? We are new to this and want this to be as easy as possible and seems like this is a great way to raise money for the school organization.

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Options
    ecfinnecfinn Registered Users Posts: 4 Beginner grinner
    edited June 27, 2013
    Did you ever get an answer to this question as we're trying to do something similar for our swim team?