Options

Rushed printing?

Gobo FongoGobo Fongo Registered Users Posts: 28 Big grins
edited June 27, 2013 in Weddings
Hello, I need to take some wedding pictures on Tuesday and have a framed print for the reception Saturday, ideally on canvas.

What are some good options? I checked with Bay Photo and they will charge about $200 for an 11x14. Do you know of better deals?

Thanks!
Check out my website at: www.billibilli.com

Comments

• Options
    KristaPKristaP Registered Users Posts: 5 Beginner grinner
    edited June 25, 2013
    You can check AdoramaPix. They have some sales going on right now that might help.

Krista
  • Options
    Matthew SavilleMatthew Saville Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 3,352 Major grins
    edited June 26, 2013
    Do it locally, IMO. Never trust online submissions and shipping couriers when a job is on that kind of a deadline.

=Matt=
    My first thought is always of light.” – Galen Rowell
    My SmugMug PortfolioMy Astro-Landscape Photo BlogDgrin Weddings Forum
  • Options
    SamSam Registered Users Posts: 7,419 Major grins
    edited June 26, 2013
    Gobo Fongo wrote: »
    Hello, I need to take some wedding pictures on Tuesday and have a framed print for the reception Saturday, ideally on canvas.

What are some good options? I checked with Bay Photo and they will charge about $200 for an 11x14. Do you know of better deals?

Thanks!

First it would be helpful to know where you are located.

Do you have experience with printing, file prep, color management, etc?

Bay Photo's price for an 11X14 canvas gallery wrap is more on the order of $65.00.

With out any history with regard to a pro lab I wouldn't want to trust a first time experience with an online vendor. Try to see if you can locate a local shop even if it cost's more.

As for "better deals": Are you looking for quality or cheap. Both are out there, but not from one source.

Sam
  • Options
    Gobo FongoGobo Fongo Registered Users Posts: 28 Big grins
    edited June 26, 2013
    Sam wrote: »
    First it would be helpful to know where you are located.

Do you have experience with printing, file prep, color management, etc?

Bay Photo's price for an 11X14 canvas gallery wrap is more on the order of $65.00.

With out any history with regard to a pro lab I wouldn't want to trust a first time experience with an online vendor. Try to see if you can locate a local shop even if it cost's more.

As for "better deals": Are you looking for quality or cheap. Both are out there, but not from one source.

Sam

I got $200 from bay photo for a framed canvas wrap (they call it a float frame) with overnight shipping and rushed processing which all told will only guarantee 3-4 days.

I'm in Rexburg Idaho, and unfamiliar with local printers, but I'm checking into it.
    Check out my website at: www.billibilli.com
  • Options
    Matthew SavilleMatthew Saville Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 3,352 Major grins
    edited June 27, 2013
    Gobo Fongo wrote: »
    I got $200 from bay photo for a framed canvas wrap (they call it a float frame) with overnight shipping and rushed processing which all told will only guarantee 3-4 days.

I'm in Rexburg Idaho, and unfamiliar with local printers, but I'm checking into it.

As a paid wedding photographer, it "pays" to be BFF's with the folks at a local lab. Sometimes they'll charge you rush fees, but sometimes on the medium-slow weeks they'll just bump you to the head of the line for free. :-)

=Matt=
    My first thought is always of light.” – Galen Rowell
    My SmugMug PortfolioMy Astro-Landscape Photo BlogDgrin Weddings Forum