Mini-Challenge #168 - Winners and HMs

CHANDLERJACHANDLERJA Registered Users Posts: 400 Major grins
edited July 17, 2013 in The Dgrin Challenges
I wanted to thank everyone who took the time to post their birds!! I wish I had the time to comment on every single image! I carefully studied every shot and somehow managed to narrow them down to the images below. It wasn't easy with so many great shots but I truly enjoyed it!!

Wonderful images everyone!! :clap

Honorable mentions in no particular order:

DsrtVW: I love the story this image shows. I can think of a million ways to caption it and
each one makes me laugh!! Wonderful lighting as well!
Bite-XL.jpg

TonyCooper: While the focus and lighting seem a tad off, the facial expression makes up for
any small flaws in the photo IMO. Again I can think of a million great captions!!
dgrin3-XL.jpg

puzzledpaul: I really love this shot. The lighting is outstanding!! I love the way it reflects off
the beads of water. Great low light difficult action shot!!
_X1C1490_800_zps4655fca7.jpg

CAPTURED2H: You captured the shot I am always trying for and you did an outstanding job!!
Great timing, focus, light and color!! I really hope one day I am able to get a shot like this!!
attachment.php?attachmentid=37804&stc=1&d=1373556442

fjcvisual: I love the movement and style in this image!! I consider this a work of art I would be
proud to hang on my wall. Wonderful!!
Chino%20Hills-13-XL.jpg

Runner Ups:

Third Runner Up:
Alans Grin: To me Photography is all about finding the right light. You found it! :thumb
So soft and sharp all at the same time. A truly beautiful shot!
IMG_1243-Edit-XL.jpg

Second Runner Up:
jwear: This would be a great image even without the perfect timing of the meal to come! The wonderful sense of movement along with great composition, texture, color and lighting make this an outstanding photo. The meal just sends it over the top!!!
_JLJ3380_copy1-L.jpg

First Runner Up:
CAPTURED2H: The focus, exposure and timing of this shot. All I can say is WOW! :bow
attachment.php?attachmentid=37802&stc=1&d=1373556197

AND LAST BUT NOT LEAST THE WINNER!

davev: The light! The Light! The Light! Did I mention THE LIGHT!?! If I didn't know better, I would swear you had a lighting kit set up on rafts just out of the frame!! This is what I consider the perfect time, place and person behind the camera!! This is the type of moment I hope to one day capture as well as you have!

Simply beautiful!! Simply perfect!! :bow :thumb :clap :bow
IMG_2492%201%20good-XL.jpg
Jeromy
http://snaptx.smugmug.com/
Light is everything in life and photography.

Comments

• davevdavev Registered Users Posts: 3,118 Major grins
    edited July 15, 2013
    Congrat's to everyone in this thread, the images were fantastic.

Jeromy, thanks for the nod, but unfortunately, I won't be unable to run the next mini.

We have a family member who's health is failing.

Although it doesn't take much time to run one of these, I'm afraid that my head and heart just wouldn't be in it.

So if it's ok, I'll pass this on to CAPTURED2H and the fine osprey with fish shot.

Thanks folks, for commenting and understanding.

dave.
    dave.

Basking in the shadows of yesterday's triumphs'.
  • PedalGirlPedalGirl Registered Users Posts: 794 Major grins
    edited July 15, 2013
    Congrats Davev ... that is once spectacular image! clap.gif
    Pho-tog-ra-pher (n) 1. One who practices photography 2. one obsessed with capturing life with their camera. 3. One who eats, sleeps and breathes photographs. 4. One who sees the world in 4x6.
    www.lisaspeakmanphotography.com
  • Alans GrinAlans Grin Registered Users Posts: 346 Major grins
    edited July 15, 2013
    A great round – stunning images from all which I’ve really enjoyed.
    Congratulations Dave, but saddened to hear your family circumstances, totally understandable you pass on the baton and I hope things improve for you and your family soon.

Alan.
  • kscooperkscooper Registered Users Posts: 387 Major grins
    edited July 15, 2013
    Dave - As everyone has said, your swan image is so amazingly good. All of the submissions made me smile and appreciate how much talent that there is here. Congrats to everyone.

And, Jeromy, I'd have voted very similar to what you did. Clearly a very difficult challenge to judge! Well done.

Eric

good gear; not enough time
  • CAPTURED2HCAPTURED2H Registered Users Posts: 142 Major grins
    edited July 15, 2013
    Cograts Dave and really sorry to hear but I sent you PM so before I make a call I would like to hear back from you

Thank you for the kind words and the 2 picks I got. Being picked with Jeff & Dave is a big honor eek7.gif

Before I pick a theme I would like to hear from Dave first if that is good with everyone ?
  • davevdavev Registered Users Posts: 3,118 Major grins
    edited July 16, 2013
    CAPTURED2H wrote: »
    Cograts Dave and really sorry to hear but I sent you PM so before I make a call I would like to hear back from you

Thank you for the kind words and the 2 picks I got. Being picked with Jeff & Dave is a big honor eek7.gif

Before I pick a theme I would like to hear from Dave first if that is good with everyone ?

As much I appreciate the offer to pick a theme, this mini is now yours.
    You were good enough to take this over for me, you make all the calls.

Thanks you for helping out.

dave.
    dave.

Basking in the shadows of yesterday's triumphs'.
  • dniednie Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 1,351 Major grins
    edited July 16, 2013
    What a fun Mini Challenge! I am so glad you chose this subject Jeromy, it was fun to watch!

Congrat's everyone! Wonderful images. I enjoyed them all.
  • TonyCooperTonyCooper Registered Users Posts: 2,276 Major grins
    edited July 16, 2013
    Honorable Mention is the Bridesmaid of a competition, but it's an
    honor just to be mentioned in such august company.
    Tony Cooper - Orlando, Florida
    http://tonycooper.smugmug.com/
  • CHANDLERJACHANDLERJA Registered Users Posts: 400 Major grins
    edited July 16, 2013
    I am sorry to hear about your family Dave. :(
    I hope everything turns out OK!

Looking forward to your Mini CAPTURED2H :)
    Jeromy
    http://snaptx.smugmug.com/
    Light is everything in life and photography.
  • CAPTURED2HCAPTURED2H Registered Users Posts: 142 Major grins
    edited July 16, 2013
    OK birds would be my first pick but we need a new one headscratch.gifso let me play with the idea today and a theme we will have by tonight . The ones I have thought about we have done already ,this is not easy
  • juanherediajuanheredia Registered Users Posts: 345 Major grins
    edited July 17, 2013
    Congratulations to everyone in this thread, the images were stunning.
    And a very loud clap for Davev's Photo.