Options

Bonjour!

divamumdivamum Registered Users Posts: 9,021 Major grins
edited July 19, 2013 in People
Back from a phenomenal and unexpected trip to France. Less than a week before departure, got seconded to jump in as a replacement chaperone for my daughter's choir tour. Four performances in 8 days, with the tour going to Paris, Tours, Caen, the Normandy coast and back to Paris again. Eighty 12-18 year olds, so as you can imagine it was NOT a "vacation" (!!!), but it was an incredibly rewarding trip; I've been to France multiple times before, but this was certainly my most satisfying trip to Paris.

These aren't all strictly speaking "people" shots, but since this is where I hang out, I'll beg your indulgence for a few non-human shots before I get to the others....

1 France%202%20-%20Normandy-L.jpg

Sure wish I'd thought to take some bracketed shots for HDR purposes - never been a huge HDR person if only because no software, but realised when I got home that the Nik collection has an HDR program in the package! Tonemapping only since only single images to work with, but still having fun playing with some of them :)

IMG_0673-Edit-2-L.jpg

3. the kids rehearsing at Eglise de la Madeleine
IMG_9737-L.jpg

4. Behind the choir screen at Notre Dame (only the musicians were allowed back there - they wouldn't even let the chaperones sit with them)

IMG_0354-L.jpg

5. Singing Sunday morning mass at Notre Dame. This is a HUGE musical honour, and the kids totally rose to the challenge - they were amazing. Btw, this is about the only shot I got - the church is (rightly, IMO) very strict about photos during services, and I only just managed to grab this one before it started. That is not a trick of perspective, btw - it really is THAT big.

IMG_0137-2-L.jpg

6. Fresh off the plane, cold, wet, unflattering, and taken by somebody else. And possibly the one I'll treasure the most :lust

IMG_0018-L.jpg

Comments

• Options
    HackboneHackbone Registered Users Posts: 4,027 Major grins
    edited July 13, 2013
    What a terrific experience for all. I'm always amaze by what "children" are capable of under proper guidance.
  • Options
    divamumdivamum Registered Users Posts: 9,021 Major grins
    edited July 14, 2013
    Thanks Charles! Yes, this group is great - their director cultivates a fairly "cathedral" sound from them (she's actually Scottish herself, so English Choral School comes naturally!), and it was magical in those acoustics. The tour company which put it together created an excellent itinerary, and it was a really terrific trip all round, even with the challenges of sheepdogging that many adolescents! :)
  • Options
    lilmommalilmomma Registered Users Posts: 1,060 Major grins
    edited July 19, 2013
    So jealous! Great photos, looks like a really good time. Glad you stuck one of you and mini in there! I can't get over it.. She is all grown up! Where does the time go?