Welcome to Mini-challenge#169 WILDLIFE

CAPTURED2HCAPTURED2H Registered Users Posts: 142 Major grins
edited September 2, 2013 in The Dgrin Challenges
<!-- #dg-post-title --><!-- message --><!-- BEGIN TEMPLATE: ad_showthread_firstpost_start --><!-- END TEMPLATE: ad_showthread_firstpost_start -->
Welcome to Mini-Challenge #169! The theme of this challenge will be Wildlife with emotion ! I love the challenge of shooting birds but it has bin done so this is the best I can come up with. Any wildlife [animal bird etc ] please not your dog or cat love them also but I think that would be a challenges of it's own!! So a shot with feeling I will post 2 maybe 3 not just a ID shot but something that gives you the feeling they are feeling or what you think the emotion is -a caption will help ,humor will work

This challenge starts now and will close at 11:00 PM (Pacific Time) on Wednesday , July 31, 2013.

OUR UN-OFFICIAL GENERAL RULES
1. Have fun sharing and seeing what others share!
2. The host supplies a topic and YOU POST 1-3 IMAGES. The host judges the winners (1st, 2nd and 3rd) and is not eligible to enter. The 1st place winner becomes the next host, chooses the next topic and becomes the next judge.
3. Any photo you’ve taken is eligible, regardless of when taken or camera used.
4. Any amount of post-processing is allowed. However, it is helpful if you list your camera and lens along with your photo.
5. You may comment on other contestant's images. If you want someone to leave you some critique or criticism, just ask within your post.
6. The winner has up to three days (72 hours) to begin a new mini-challenge, or the honor goes to the #2 finisher and so forth.

Guidelines:
1. Enter 1-3 photos and put them in a single post.
2. Either embed your image in the thread or, if you must, supply a link to it. Keep in mind, however, most people don't want to click to open photos hosted elsewhere (i.e. on your website).
3. Also try and resize your photos prior to posting so they're sized appropriately for viewing without having to scroll (~800 pixels on the longest side works best.)
4. Give each image you enter a title.
5. Enjoy discussion with members about their images, don't let this just be an entry thread!
6. When quoting a post, change the IMG urls to a 200x200 size picture so it is clear your post is feedback and not another entry. (See here for help).
7. Don't be hesitant; share 'em and enter!

Mini-Challenge pointers:
1. Upon winning a mini-challenge round, your first step is coming up with a new theme and starting a new thread using the same format as others have used.
2. Make sure to notify the admin of this thread to update the main thread links with your entry thread.
3. Feel free to watch the thread as it grows or wait to the end time and look at all the entries all at once.
4. After the time/date has passed, then officially close the thread with a single post notifying everyone of the fact.
5. After you're finished judging, start a new thread (again using the prior formats) and post your Winner and runners-up. It is important to have runners up in case the winner does not show within the 72-hour window.
6. PM the winner with this info above and let them know they have 72 hours to set up the next mini-challenge.
7. If the winner does not show/start the next mini-challenge after 72 hours, notify the next runner-up and post a message on the Winner thread of the fact.
8. Remember, if you're the Winner, you run the next mini challenge!

Well I was #2 so now we have a #2 challenge I do hope this works I did not think for a minute I would have won so I did not think about it and all the themes I thought of we have palyed in the past .

So this one my caption would be LOVE ,do you get that feeling ?

Comments

• CAPTURED2HCAPTURED2H Registered Users Posts: 142 Major grins
    edited July 16, 2013
    And this one ---LOVE---- I don't think so rolleyes1.gif

This is one I take humor from . I hope you all get my thinking headscratch.gif
  • Alans GrinAlans Grin Registered Users Posts: 346 Major grins
    edited July 17, 2013
    OK I'll give it a go ....

1) Reassurance - Kenya

IMG_8746-XL.jpg

2) Motherly Love - Kenya

IMG_7721-XL.jpg

3) Curiosity - Goshawk, Tanzania

IMG_5944-XL.jpg

Good luck everyone,

Alan.
  • DonRicklinDonRicklin Registered Users Posts: 5,551 Major grins
    edited July 17, 2013
    1) They didn't tell me I was adopted! :cry
    IMGP3315-L.jpg

2) Lonely place for a swim. Where is everyone?IMGP1175-L.jpg

3) Hey, buddy, what you looking at?
    _IGP9185-L.jpg

:D

Don
    Don Ricklin - Gear: Canon EOS 5D Mark III, was Pentax K7
    'I was older then, I'm younger than that now' ....
    My Blog | Q+ | Moderator, Lightroom Forums | My Amateur Smugmug Stuff | My Blurb book Rust and Whimsy. More Rust , FaceBook
    edited July 17, 2013
    Thanks guys great start I feel better now
  • pixelpeeperpixelpeeper Registered Users Posts: 22 Big grins
    edited July 17, 2013
    Happy to add support with my three

1. Feeling Shy

IMG_0893.jpg
    edited July 17, 2013
    2. Do not disturb - feeling angry

IMG_8841.jpg
    edited July 17, 2013
    3. Motherly Love

IMG_8522.jpg
  • CHANDLERJACHANDLERJA Registered Users Posts: 400 Major grins
    edited July 17, 2013
    I love the wildlife!!
    Great pictures so far! thumb.gif

Come just a little bit closer...:D
    an7o9672t2b2-b2-XL.jpg

Not now Bob! Someones watching!! :D
    r96c1517a5s3-b2-XL.jpg

Hey buddy! You wanna keep that foot?
    good-8163final-b2b2-XL.jpg
    Jeromy
    http://snaptx.smugmug.com/
    Light is everything in life and photography.
  • superduckzsuperduckz Registered Users Posts: 377 Major grins
    edited July 17, 2013
    Love.
    p1391029390-4.jpg

Panic
    p1256736836-4.jpg

Patience
    p1522490652-4.jpg
    Accidents and Inspiration
    One of these days I'll have to figure out what my "style" is..
  • zoomnzoomn Registered Users Posts: 142 Major grins
    edited July 18, 2013
    1. Contemplation

panda1-L.jpg

2. Annoyance

gorilla-L.jpg

3. Glee

llama-L.jpg
  • jmesseder2jmesseder2 Registered Users Posts: 7 Beginner grinner
    edited July 18, 2013
    I'm a little puzzled. The rules say I can upload 1-3 images, and I've got a 3-image sequence. But the Manage window will only allow me to upload one image. This is my first time, so I may well be missing something.
  • Alans GrinAlans Grin Registered Users Posts: 346 Major grins
    edited July 18, 2013
    jmesseder2 wrote: »
    I'm a little puzzled. The rules say I can upload 1-3 images, and I've got a 3-image sequence. But the Manage window will only allow me to upload one image. This is my first time, so I may well be missing something.

Hi jmesseder2 and a big welcome to the DGrin challenges.

I'm no expert, but it seems to me that you can only have all three images in one message if you can provide a www reference (via the little yellow "mountain" pic icon) to those images already present on the internet somewhere ... ie Smugmug, Flickr etc. In the case where you need to upload your images for this competition I think you will need to upload and post three times as pixelpeeper has done - ie one image per post - using the paper clip icon (advanced mode).

Hopefully someone might put me right, but also hoping to see your images - so if need be simply post three times - I'm sure CATURED2H will cope!

Alan.
  • grandmaRgrandmaR Registered Users Posts: 1,942 Major grins
    edited July 18, 2013
    You guys are too good. So I'm just posting photo that I have taken while snorkeling, or in the first case, in a marina.

Manatee in Titusville. Manatees are fairly inexpressive animals. I can't really see how anyone could have thought they were mermaids. Mostly they just stick their nostrils out to breath and don't let us see their faces. But I thought these guys looked like they were around the manatee equivalent of the office water cooler.

xImage021.jpg

Grey angel fish taken with a film camera in Belize on a scuba dive in 1998. Grey angels always have a downturned mouth and look disapproving. This one is giving me the cold shoulder

x50479_12.JPG

Snorkeling in Belize with a digital camera this time - white spotted filefish - orange phase - saying o.m.g.

xP1140008.JPG
    “"..an adventure is an inconvenience rightly considered." G.K. Chesterton”
    edited July 18, 2013
    jmesseder2 wrote: »

Alan is right and you can if you do not have a smug account [or something like that ] I am not a computer guy

so easy way-- below were you write your comment is attach files do old faithful and heve you shots ready and resized to fit the forum . manage attachments then browse pick one from your file then upload write your comment while it uploads then submit reply do it 3 times and with luck it will take 3 or 4 minutes and your 3 are all in a row .

If you havwe a smug account then you can take all the time you want and put all the photos in one post . but above you have 3 posts but they are all together

and yes I can deal with that it is the way I do it rolleyes1.gif
  • ShootingStarShootingStar Registered Users Posts: 145 Major grins
    edited July 20, 2013
    Some great pictures already. I love wildlife photography and I am really looking forward to seeing everyone's entries.

Here are mines:

1. French manicure is SO IN this summer!

P1100616-L.jpg

2. You look tasty, please come closer...

I%20am%20hungry%20-%20Version%202-L.jpg

3. Come back, I will always love you
    IMG_9539-L.jpg
    Nature can be so different around the world but it is always amazing!

Travel Blog English: http://www.zigzagonearth.com
    Travel Blog French: http://zigzagvoyages.fr
    Infoproduct Creation Blog : https://structurinfo.com
    edited July 20, 2013
    Alans Grin wrote: »
    Hi jmesseder2 and a big welcome to the DGrin challenges.

I'm no expert, but it seems to me that you can only have all three images in one message if you can provide a www reference (via the little yellow "mountain" pic icon) to those images already present on the internet somewhere ... ie Smugmug, Flickr etc. In the case where you need to upload your images for this competition I think you will need to upload and post three times as pixelpeeper has done - ie one image per post - using the paper clip icon (advanced mode).

Hopefully someone might put me right, but also hoping to see your images - so if need be simply post three times - I'm sure CATURED2H will cope!

Alan.

I do have a Smugmug account (jmesseder2.smugmug,com), and when I looked at the little yellow "mountain" pic, the light came on in the darkroom of my upper chamber. I created a new gallery, and then ...

Thanks for the pointer, Alan. clap.gif
    edited July 20, 2013
    D7K_8060-L.jpg
    Just fly a little way and then you can have some goodies.

D7K_8062-L.jpg
    Flap those wings, son! Flap those wings!

D7K_8066-L.jpg
    But Dad, it's so h-a-a-r-d!

All images were shot with Nikon D7000 and 18-300mm Nikkor at 300mm, 1/2500, ISO 2800, 1600 and 1800 respectively. Cropping and light sharpening in Lightroom 5, but no other manipulation.
  • brancaleonebrancaleone Registered Users Posts: 55 Big grins
    edited July 20, 2013
    i-mjbnD2p-M.jpg
    Lunch time..

i-jksPjh4-M.jpg
    Just relax

i-xpGhDk5-M.jpg
    Do we look good?
  • puzzledpaulpuzzledpaul Registered Users Posts: 1,621 Major grins
    edited July 20, 2013
    McEnroe Moment

3X1C9899_720_zpsdb3ba6f3.jpg

Swan score
    _X1C3473_720_zpsca2a461a.jpg

Lustful look
    _X1C0042_720_zpsb8a62f9a.jpg

pp
  • kentwallerkentwaller Registered Users Posts: 158 Major grins
    edited July 20, 2013
    1. pollen! num num num.
    bees%20006-L.jpg

2. hungry koi
    IMG_0509_Localtone-L.jpg

3. some kind of beetle
    bug%20036-L.jpg
  • JAGJAG Super Moderators Posts: 9,088 moderator
    edited July 20, 2013
    I have enjoyed watching this round proceed. I would like to show and tell a few of my own, but they are not to be considered for the challenge itself as moderators are exempt from that. Please indulge me a little while I play! mwink.gif

1. The Gull Formation (Key West, Florida)
    JMMed2805-L.jpg

2. Totally Wild (Rainforest in Costa Rica)
    JMMed2452sm-L.jpg

3.Young Eagle (Anchorage, Alaska)
    JMMed5320-L.jpg
    edited July 20, 2013
    Great start clap.gifthank you all ! Kent I was just thinking fish not much emotion then your koi:D alan thumb.gif Paul great exposure all 3 eek7.gif Brancaleone :cry your eagle broke my heart I have seen that [not with an eagle] too much
  • jwearjwear Registered Users Posts: 8,005 Major grins
    edited July 21, 2013
    Ahhhhhhhhh I feel better now
    Jeff W

“PHOTOGRAPHY IS THE ‘JAZZ’ FOR THE EYES…”

http://jwear.smugmug.com/
  • juanherediajuanheredia Registered Users Posts: 345 Major grins
    edited July 21, 2013
    Here are mine. I've seen that there are many great pictures. Good luck to everybody.

1. Beauty Butterfly
    _DSC3160-L.jpg

2. Are you watching me?
    _DSC3012-L.jpg

3. Butterfly always remember that it was worm
    _DSC3333-L.jpg
  • PedalGirlPedalGirl Registered Users Posts: 794 Major grins
    edited July 21, 2013
    I'm sure I'll find a couple more to add, but I'll start with this guy.

Intense
    i-CWq6M4d-L.jpg
    Pho-tog-ra-pher (n) 1. One who practices photography 2. one obsessed with capturing life with their camera. 3. One who eats, sleeps and breathes photographs. 4. One who sees the world in 4x6.
    www.lisaspeakmanphotography.com
  • bfluegiebfluegie Registered Users Posts: 736 Major grins
    edited July 21, 2013
    I only photograph wildlife as it crosses my path and I don't feel obligated to run. So these are not up to the standards of the group, especially since it is obvious that they were taken through a window. Still... the challenges are fun even when I am out of my depth.

Ambition
    Ambition-L.jpg

Effort
    Effort-L.jpg

Success! "Wait, this is a bird feeder? Well, call me birdie. Tweet tweet"
    Success-L.jpg

These were taken on different days. First I saw the result, the squirrel eating the bird seed. Later I saw how he got there. Both times I had a camera nearby and was able to record the dining experience.
    ~~Barbara
  • EaracheEarache Registered Users Posts: 3,533 Major grins
    edited July 21, 2013
    Me?... get outta' bed?... are you kidding?
    Little%20Gift%201-XL.jpg

Nope... no way... I'm not getting-up 'til the Panda does!
    Nappy-XL.jpg

Did you hear the one about the Panda and the Koala?.... Ha Ha Ha!
    Otter-2-XL.jpg
    Eric ~ Smugmug
    edited July 21, 2013
    Earache wrote: »
    Me?... get outta' bed?... are you kidding?
    Hahaha, your post and photos are my favorites. So funny :-)

Sent from my Galaxy S3 with Tapatalk 4
    edited July 21, 2013
    PedalGirl wrote: »
    I'm sure I'll find a couple more to add, but I'll start with this guy.

Intense
    i-CWq6M4d-s.jpg

yes. So intense. I like the expression of its eyes. Great portrait shot.

Sent from my Galaxy S3 with Tapatalk 4
  • EaracheEarache Registered Users Posts: 3,533 Major grins
    edited July 21, 2013
    Hahaha, your post and photos are my favorites. So funny :-)

Thanks Juan, and right-back-at-ya... very nice close-up work on the butterflies and the pre-butterfly - beautiful!
    Eric ~ Smugmug