Options

Rainy day in AZ

Midknightc3Midknightc3 Registered Users Posts: 86 Big grins
edited July 21, 2013 in People
It's actually been raining here in AZ, so my girl friend thought it would be fun to take rain pictures of her in her dance outfits...I was only too happy to oblige! I used a flash on either side to help light up the drops and one on camera.

_MG_8417-L.jpg

_MG_8429-L.jpg

Clark
I recommend wearing trashcans on your heads to avoid any accidental exposure to knowledge - Dogbert

Comments

• Options
    QarikQarik Registered Users Posts: 4,959 Major grins
    edited July 18, 2013
    capturing the rain drops is nice/fun technical feat (better in the 1st shot then the 2nd shot imo) but the composition is lacking for me so the image doesn't really work. The colors are nice but the subject is just too static..imagine her lifting her arms in the air or looking up at the sky with a big smile..the moment was pregnant with possibility!
    D700, D600
    14-24 24-70 70-200mm (vr2)
    85 and 50 1.4
    45 PC and sb910 x2
    http://www.danielkimphotography.com
  • Options
    Midknightc3Midknightc3 Registered Users Posts: 86 Big grins
    edited July 20, 2013
    Qarik, I agree with the emotion thing. It's something we both need to work on as she has lots of emotion right up until the camera is pointed at her, then it all vanishes. I, as the photographer, also need to work on ways to coax emotion out of someone who isn't otherwise forth coming with it in front of a camera. I took some pictures of a friend of mine at the same time since she came over to help, and funny you should mention hands in the air...
    i-J5wQppW-L.jpg

i-gX4ZjXL-L.jpg

Clark
    I recommend wearing trashcans on your heads to avoid any accidental exposure to knowledge - Dogbert
  • Options
    D3SshooterD3Sshooter Registered Users Posts: 1,187 Major grins
    edited July 21, 2013
    I like the very first one, when I work with rain I try to have the water drops in the back of the model en light them from the back with a flash. That way there is not to much water in front of the models face...
    A photographer without a style, is like a pub without beer