Options

Three days in Napa

MitchellMitchell Registered Users Posts: 3,503 Major grins
edited July 23, 2013 in Journeys
I just returned from a three day trip to Napa Valley. My wife and I were celebrating our 25th anniversary and a major milestone birthday for my wife (which will go unenumerated). :D

I love Cabernet. This trip was a dream come true for me to see the area and learn about wine making. The tasting were also nice. :tongue:

We stayed in a cute cottage just north of Napa. The place was adorable and very well appointed.
71513-35-XL.jpg

Our first day started with a drive up to Spring Mountain to see the Pride Winery. They have a lovely tasting room.
71513-1-XL.jpg

We then strolled through their vineyards.
71513-3-XL.jpg

Our next stop was Cade Vineyards up on Howell Mountain. They have built a stunning facility which was impressive to see. It is a LEED certified structure with incredible views and impressive caves.

71513-5-XL.jpg

71513-8-XL.jpg

The tasting room had some nice light from large windows.
71513-9-XL.jpg

Our second day was my wife's birthday. She requested that we ride bicycles that day. I was happy to oblige. The weather was cool and pleasant.

Our first stop was Stags Leap Vineyard. We had our tasting out on their deck. The birthday girl.
71513-14-XL.jpg

We rode into Yountville for lunch and chuckled at the bicycle racks made from depleted wine barrels.
71513-17-XL.jpg

We then rode up for a tasting at Sequoia Grove. We had some great wines only available at the tasting room. I even got my picture taken by their namesake trees.
71513-19-XL.jpg

To be continued....

Comments

• Options
    MitchellMitchell Registered Users Posts: 3,503 Major grins
    edited July 21, 2013
    Our third day took us up to Calistoga. We started up at Castello di Amorosa. A medieval style castle designed and built by Dario Sattui. It's an impressive structure which houses a functioning winery.

71513-34-XL.jpg

71513-33-XL.jpg

71513-21-XL.jpg

Their was also an intimate tasting room.
    71513-23-XL.jpg

Our last winery was Chateau Montelena. A historic winery with a chateau built in the 1880's
    71513-27-XL.jpg

We convinced our tasting host to take us downstairs. mwink.gif
    71513-31-XL.jpg

The front door is a prime spot for photos.
    71513-29-XL.jpg

A Chinese family owned the vineyard in the 1950's and created Jade Lake with picnic grounds and Pagodas.
    71513-28-XL.jpg

A lovely trip. In the end, it's all about the grapes.
    71513-13-XL.jpg
  • Options
    Awais YaqubAwais Yaqub Registered Users Posts: 10,572 Major grins
    edited July 21, 2013
    These are great, interesting place!
    thanks for sharing
    Thine is the beauty of light; mine is the song of fire. Thy beauty exalts the heart; my song inspires the soul. Allama Iqbal

My Gallery
  • Options
    Ed911Ed911 Registered Users Posts: 1,306 Major grins
    edited July 23, 2013
    yep, I agree. nice images. congratulations on your wedding anniversary.
    Remember, no one may want you to take pictures, but they all want to see them.
    Educate yourself like you'll live forever and live like you'll die tomorrow.

Ed