Options

Cyndi NOT wearing her bikini.

BilsenBilsen Registered Users Posts: 2,143 Major grins
edited July 25, 2013 in People
Shooting in the Bahamas, my top model and creative partner proved she doesn't need a bikini to be gorgeous and sexy.

p1651822817-4.jpg

p1736234402-4.jpg

p1843668657-4.jpg

p1621006192-4.jpg

p1666607444-4.jpg

p1655031131-4.jpg

p1770459201-4.jpg

p1648259290-4.jpg

p1785499031-4.jpg
Bilsen (the artist formerly known as John Galt NY)
Canon 600D; Canon 1D Mk2;
24-105 f4L IS; 70-200 f4L IS; 50mm 1.4; 28-75 f2.8; 55-250 IS; 580EX & (2) 430EX Flash,
Model Galleries: http://bilsen.zenfolio.com/
Everything Else: www.pbase.com/bilsen

Comments

• Options
    divamumdivamum Registered Users Posts: 9,021 Major grins
    edited July 24, 2013
    ~drumroll~ #9 has a BACKGROUND THAT WORKS!!!!!!!! THAT is what I mean about keeping it unobtrusive while still providing context. SCORE!!

#6/7 are close in that regard - you've used the various lines of the fences and grates interestingly. I'm not crazy about the poses here, however - 6 would be better in a landscape crop without the legs IMO, and if her hand had been just a tad higher in #7 I'd have cropped the bottom off that one, too. YMMV.

#4 would be a really nice shot except for that foot - it just looks weird like you caught it mid motion; neither flatters the legs, shows off the shoes, nor does anything really. The hard shadows - particularly of the heel - don't help here either.

#3 is great except for the hand - that sharp bend looks odd to me.

Looks like y'all had fun!
  • Options
    HackboneHackbone Registered Users Posts: 4,027 Major grins
    edited July 24, 2013
    3-5-9 do it for me. Good shoot.
  • Options
    D3SshooterD3Sshooter Registered Users Posts: 1,187 Major grins
    edited July 25, 2013
    Great fashion shots with a marvelous model. If I had to make choice then the last one has my preference, although they are all great. However the last one has that extra (iguess it's the depth working and repetition).
    A photographer without a style, is like a pub without beer
  • Options
    puzzledpaulpuzzledpaul Registered Users Posts: 1,621 Major grins
    edited July 25, 2013
    9 would also be my choice, but - for me - the natural bg is too mottled / contrasty / busy etc - even if it was less in focus it'd still have a 'spotty' appearance rather than one with smooth tonal transitions.

Combined with its location in frame (and red berries) it tends to pull my eye somewhat.

A lower pov (as no water around :) ) would've been nice to see, but this would've increased the vegetation area too, in this case.

Nice pose.

All thro' 'duck snappa's eyes' of course ... so feel free to ignore :)

pp
  • Options
    edited July 25, 2013
    OMG, Diva likes even ONE of my BKGs. HEAD FOR THE SHELTERS EVERYONE. rolleyes1.gifrofl

As for the rest, thanks for the comments. I tend to like her hand in # 3 but that's just me. I think the image as a whole shows her elegance.
    I'll definitely give #6 a try as you suggest and post it here.
    Honestly, I don't see any motion in # 4 and I guess I can get rid of the hard shadow. I'll give that a shot too.

Of course, Paul has a dissenting opinion on # 9 so go figure.ne_nau.gif Paul, I appreciate that you like really low POVs but I'm an old guy. I can get down there but getting back up is only 50/50. rolleyes1.gif

Hack and D3, coming from you two those comments are worth a huge cheesy smile :D. Thanks.

PS: Those images on the ship are for the World Tour. That's how we'll be travelling between countries.
    If only I was (a) young, (b) independently wealthy and (c) even marginally attractive, the World Tour with Cyndi might be more than just imagination. mwink.gif
    24-105 f4L IS; 70-200 f4L IS; 50mm 1.4; 28-75 f2.8; 55-250 IS; 580EX & (2) 430EX Flash,
  • Options
    divamumdivamum Registered Users Posts: 9,021 Major grins
    edited July 25, 2013
    9 would also be my choice, but - for me - the natural bg is too mottled / contrasty / busy etc - even if it was less in focus it'd still have a 'spotty' appearance rather than one with smooth tonal transitions.

Combined with its location in frame (and red berries) it tends to pull my eye somewhat.

I personally would probably clone the berries out, but I do love the leading line of compressed columns.

Bilsen, the only thing I DON'T like in those last one is those lime green things on her hands - what the heck are those and.... WHY??! lol
  • Options
    edited July 25, 2013
    Laughing.gif We don't disagree on the green thing Diva. I probably should take more charge but with Cyndi, I tend to go with her ideas.
  • Options
    puzzledpaulpuzzledpaul Registered Users Posts: 1,621 Major grins
    edited July 25, 2013
    Bilsen wrote: »

Of course, Paul has a dissenting opinion on # 9 so go figure.ne_nau.gif Paul, I appreciate that you like really low POVs but I'm an old guy. I can get down there but getting back up is only 50/50. rolleyes1.gif

No dissent re model / pose / column aspect of bg ... just the mottled nature (!) of the vegetation in the shot as posted - I just think the shot would be even better than it is, with a better bit of bg in this area.
    Cloning the berries would marginally (imo) help - but it wouldn't solve the mottling.

Achieving a lower pov is another matter, of course ... but I doubt there's much in it (if any) re the issues associated with being a member of the 'grey power' brigade :)

pp