Options

Bridal at Sunset

jonh68jonh68 Registered Users Posts: 2,711 Major grins
edited July 30, 2013 in People
She's not really a bride. I was given a sample dress to shoot and my friend volunteered to be the model.
p1668796513-5.jpg

Comments

• Options
    D3SshooterD3Sshooter Registered Users Posts: 1,187 Major grins
    edited July 25, 2013
    Well done and a special mood.....love it.
    A photographer without a style, is like a pub without beer
  • Options
    HackboneHackbone Registered Users Posts: 4,027 Major grins
    edited July 25, 2013
    Very nice.
  • Options
    Gaby617Gaby617 Registered Users Posts: 218 Major grins
    edited July 25, 2013
    Did you try to light from the opposite side in relation to the natural light? Just curious to see how that would have looked.
  • Options
    FoquesFoques Registered Users Posts: 1,951 Major grins
    edited July 25, 2013
    love it!
    Arseny - the too honest guy.
    My Site
    My Facebook
  • Options
    BountyphotographerBountyphotographer Registered Users Posts: 413 Major grins
    edited July 25, 2013
    Great shot
    :photo
  • Options
    edited July 27, 2013
    Thanks all.
  • Options
    edited July 27, 2013
    Gaby617 wrote: »
    Did you try to light from the opposite side in relation to the natural light? Just curious to see how that would have looked.

Can you explain further what you consider opposite side? The light was camera left, almost behind the subject and the sun was setting behind her camera right.
  • Options
    FlyNavyFlyNavy Registered Users Posts: 1,350 Major grins
    edited July 28, 2013
  • Options
    Gaby617Gaby617 Registered Users Posts: 218 Major grins
    edited July 29, 2013
    jonh68 wrote: »
    Can you explain further what you consider opposite side? The light was camera left, almost behind the subject and the sun was setting behind her camera right.

I meant placing the flash somewhere in the vicinity (out of frame) to her right. Your image is good dont get me wrong... but the natural light source provided is very isolated to the right and over powered by the dark clouds that I just ask myself whats lighting here naturally.... given its a natural scenic shot.
  • Options
    DreadnoteDreadnote Registered Users Posts: 634 Major grins
    edited July 29, 2013
    I think that the shot is great compositionaly. The pose is good. It's generally great. I just think you should have gelled your flash to get closer to ambient. Other than that its awesome. Perhaps that can be corrected in post.
    Sports, Dance, Portraits, Events... www.jasonhowardking.com
  • Options
    edited July 30, 2013
    Gaby617 wrote: »
    I meant placing the flash somewhere in the vicinity (out of frame) to her right. Your image is good dont get me wrong... but the natural light source provided is very isolated to the right and over powered by the dark clouds that I just ask myself whats lighting here naturally.... given its a natural scenic shot.

Gotcha. For this shot I wasn't going for a natural look. I wanted to use the colors in the background and spotlight the subject. Plus, if I put the light to her right, it would have changed the composition or had to put the lights in the water.

Here is what the scene looked like. Natural light source was more background color than an actual source of light. p1661607212-5.jpg
  • Options
    edited July 30, 2013
    Dreadnote wrote: »
    I think that the shot is great compositionaly. The pose is good. It's generally great. I just think you should have gelled your flash to get closer to ambient. Other than that its awesome. Perhaps that can be corrected in post.

Thanks. I may play around with it some more to match things up better.