10 Images

canon400dcanon400d Banned Posts: 2,826 Major grins
edited August 14, 2013 in Technique
I was out shooting Aircraft today.
I was using my 7D - 100 - 400L and I was shooting in TV mode as I always do. I attempted to reduce the shutter speed and the 10 Images appeared and I was unable to reduce my shutter speed. I am sure you will be able to tell me what I can do I have a Motocross tomorrow so hopefully I will be ok.
Bob

Comments

• pathfinderpathfinder Super Moderators Posts: 14,694 moderator
    edited July 30, 2013
    ??? I am not clear what you are describing, Bob.

You say 10 images "appeared" - what exactly happened. In detail, please.
    Pathfinder - www.pathfinder.smugmug.com

Moderator of the Technique Forum and Finishing School on Dgrin
  • joshhuntnmjoshhuntnm Registered Users Posts: 1,924 Major grins
    edited July 31, 2013
  • canon400dcanon400d Banned Posts: 2,826 Major grins
    edited July 31, 2013
    joshhuntnm wrote: »
    where are the pics?

I apologise for not making myself clear. I obviously confused things by saying 10 images appeared. In actual fact it was the 10 image jump bar that appeared. I have checked the manual and changed it to a single setting. Sorry for the inconvenience.
    Cheers
    Bob
  • pathfinderpathfinder Super Moderators Posts: 14,694 moderator
    edited July 31, 2013
    Aha, now I understand.

If you minify your image past the a single image, the next step is the 10 image array with the slider as you described.

Sorry for not catching on to your meaning in your first post, Bob.
    Pathfinder - www.pathfinder.smugmug.com

Moderator of the Technique Forum and Finishing School on Dgrin
    edited July 31, 2013
    pathfinder wrote: »
    Aha, now I understand.

If you minify your image past the a single image, the next step is the 10 image array with the slider as you described.

Sorry for not catching on to your meaning in your first post, Bob.
    No problem Pathfinder I now know what I did to bring it up. I learn something every time I come on.
    Cheers
    Bob
  • DonFischerDonFischer Registered Users Posts: 128 Major grins
    edited August 8, 2013
    I don't think I get it? Is he saying that 10 images came up on his screen on back of the camera when he went to look at them? I've done that too and always takes me a bit to figure out how to get rid of it. why is that in there anyway?

He said he shoot's in TV mode all the time, what is TV mode? I shoot mostly bird dog in the field. On moving shot's the dogs are flat flying. I open up the aperture in ap priority and up the ISO to get a faster shutter speed to stop movement. to get a decent exposure. I have in the past tried using f8 to get more depth of field but often it fails to blur out the background well. This fall I'm gonna shoot as open as I can and up the ISO if need be to get a fast enough shutter to stop the motion. Then the focus is set on continuous and con servo shutter. I follow the dog in the center of the view finder to try and get it in focus well the crop out what I don't want later on.
    edited August 14, 2013
    DonFischer wrote: »
    I don't think I get it? Is he saying that 10 images came up on his screen on back of the camera when he went to look at them? I've done that too and always takes me a bit to figure out how to get rid of it. why is that in there anyway?

He said he shoot's in TV mode all the time, what is TV mode? I shoot mostly bird dog in the field. On moving shot's the dogs are flat flying. I open up the aperture in ap priority and up the ISO to get a faster shutter speed to stop movement. to get a decent exposure. I have in the past tried using f8 to get more depth of field but often it fails to blur out the background well. This fall I'm gonna shoot as open as I can and up the ISO if need be to get a fast enough shutter to stop the motion. Then the focus is set on continuous and con servo shutter. I follow the dog in the center of the view finder to try and get it in focus well the crop out what I don't want later on.

Thanks for replying Don very much appreciated.
    Bob
  • basfltbasflt Registered Users Posts: 1,882 Major grins
    edited August 14, 2013
    think he accidentally selected Image Jump while viewing them
    its selected with up-button
    you can select 1 , 10 or 100 pics to jump with the dialer