Options

Right Click Message

DawnyaLynnDawnyaLynn Registered Users Posts: 42 Big grins
edited July 31, 2013 in SmugMug Support
Is there a way to customize your right click protection message. The generic message to me seems a bit harsh and not personal. I would like to personalize my message, but I am not finding any place to do that.

Thanks for your reponse.

Comments

• Options
    paulbrockpaulbrock Registered Users Posts: 515 Major grins
    edited July 30, 2013
    yes, also on my list. we were able to do this previously...
  • Options
    AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited July 30, 2013
    Yeah, I'd like to know the answer to this, too :D
  • Options
    zacHer0zacHer0 Registered Users Posts: 655 Major grins
    edited July 31, 2013
    Sorry, the right-click protection message cannot be customized right now on the new SmugMug. It is something we hope to add in the near future.
    Zac Williams
    Support Hero
  • Options
    W.W. WebsterW.W. Webster Registered Users Posts: 3,204 Major grins
    edited July 31, 2013
    It was achieved with a hack, as I recall, and SmugMug appears to be trying strenuously to avoid hacks this time around!
  • Options
    edited July 31, 2013
    zacHer0 wrote: »
    Sorry, the right-click protection message cannot be customized right now on the new SmugMug. It is something we hope to add in the near future.

So how does functionality that's been removed weigh up against new functionality that users have been voting on for 3+ years? Not happy.

Its like when smugmug has technical problems, they'd show a quirky cartoon on my website. I don't wan't quirky on my website. And I don't want authoritarian on my right click message. And I don't want bland and generic in my contact form. For an update focused on total customisation there are quite a few gaps.

eek7.gif
  • Options
    rkw624rkw624 Registered Users Posts: 260 Major grins
    edited July 31, 2013
    If I recall correctly didn't you guys recently put out an article about being polite and nice with your right click messages? Now we get this shoved down our throat. Not happy.
    Rich
  • Options
    edited July 31, 2013
    rkw624 wrote: »
    If I recall correctly didn't you guys recently put out an article about being polite and nice with your right click messages? Now we get this shoved down our throat. Not happy.

They were also encouraging wufoo forms as late as last week eek7.gif
    http://dgrin.com/showpost.php?p=1880993&postcount=2

Illustrated example of right click

nasty
    i-D4zkpST-X3.png

nice
    i-4TvD8RH-X3.png
  • Options
    edited July 31, 2013
    rkw624 wrote: »

indeed

http://news.smugmug.com/2013/03/18/smug-tip-of-the-week-stop-slapping-your-customers/

"Stop slapping your customers." I feel like Smugmug is slapping me this week.

Also shows that it WASN'T a hack. It was built in functionality that has been removed.
  • Options
    Darter02Darter02 Registered Users Posts: 947 Major grins
    edited July 31, 2013
    @$^$%*@(!($(%&!
  • Options
    Eric PDXEric PDX Registered Users Posts: 7 Beginner grinner
    edited July 31, 2013
    Well then were can we at least disable the message for now? I can't really afford to piss off my customers by 'slapping' them.
  • Options
    MichaelNovoMichaelNovo Registered Users Posts: 2 Beginner grinner
    edited July 31, 2013
    Eric PDX wrote: »
    Well then were can we at least disable the message for now? I can't really afford to piss off my customers by 'slapping' them.

Seriously...I love how the list of "hey here's what's great..." but it should also include "hey here's what's broken now"
  • Options
    denisegoldbergdenisegoldberg Administrators Posts: 14,237 moderator
    edited July 31, 2013
    Eric PDX wrote: »
    I don't know how to disable the message globally but you could turn right click protection off in your galleries.

--- Denise