Options

Story Time

Bryce WilsonBryce Wilson Registered Users Posts: 1,586 Major grins
edited July 31, 2013 in People
Getting close to being finished with my "contract from hell". Finally got to shoot some stuff of my own for a change.

With this pose, I tried a new method in an attempt to give it a bit of a "Rockwellian" feel in post processing. I would be interested in your comments about the finished results.

9406160588_8fb242bffa_o.jpg

Comments

• Options
    jonh68jonh68 Registered Users Posts: 2,711 Major grins
    edited July 30, 2013
    I like the pose and concept. For processing, I think it's a tweener. It looks like a painting, but still has enough to look like a photograph. Maybe if you could post different versions, some even more processing for a more painted look? I like the direction you are going but it kind of looks like the picture wants to go one way or the other but can't decide.

The best way I can describe it is it looks like one of those movie effects where they focus on a painting and then it transforms into the real live shot. This pic looks like its in an in between stage.
  • Options
    joshhuntnmjoshhuntnm Registered Users Posts: 1,924 Major grins
    edited July 31, 2013
    very Rockwillian. I actually had that thought before I read.
  • Options
    D3SshooterD3Sshooter Registered Users Posts: 1,187 Major grins
    edited July 31, 2013
    Well it's a style of its own, I do like it and has this retro feeling to it. Maybe the background a bit to much oil-painted. But its a taste, and I am sure that many will like it. The composition is well done and the color pallet is nicely in balance.
    A photographer without a style, is like a pub without beer
  • Options
    Bryce WilsonBryce Wilson Registered Users Posts: 1,586 Major grins
    edited July 31, 2013
    jonh68 wrote: »
    I like the pose and concept. For processing, I think it's a tweener. It looks like a painting, but still has enough to look like a photograph. Maybe if you could post different versions, some even more processing for a more painted look? I like the direction you are going but it kind of looks like the picture wants to go one way or the other but can't decide.

The best way I can describe it is it looks like one of those movie effects where they focus on a painting and then it transforms into the real live shot. This pic looks like its in an in between stage.

You must have been peaking over my shoulder when working on this! I brought this image through various stages from full on "painting" to even less effect than this one. This one was the one I settled on.

When at my image machine, I'll upload a few of the others.

Thanks for chiming in!
    joshhuntnm wrote: »
    very Rockwillian. I actually had that thought before I read.

I'm glad it did that for you! Thanks for the comment.
    D3Sshooter wrote: »
    Well it's a style of its own, I do like it and has this retro feeling to it. Maybe the background a bit to much oil-painted. But its a taste, and I am sure that many will like it. The composition is well done and the color pallet is nicely in balance.

Thanks for the input on the background. That was bothering me a bit and I think I'll try and tone it down.
  • Options
    BilsenBilsen Registered Users Posts: 2,143 Major grins
    edited July 31, 2013
    I think you nailed the Rockwell feel dead on Bryce. It's a great cross between painting and photograph.

I like the background but then again, I don't get out much. rolleyes1.gif
    Bilsen (the artist formerly known as John Galt NY)
    Canon 600D; Canon 1D Mk2;
    24-105 f4L IS; 70-200 f4L IS; 50mm 1.4; 28-75 f2.8; 55-250 IS; 580EX & (2) 430EX Flash,
    Model Galleries: http://bilsen.zenfolio.com/
    Everything Else: www.pbase.com/bilsen