Options

No new site visible.

JeffroJeffro Registered Users Posts: 1,941 Major grins
edited July 31, 2013 in SmugMug Pro Sales Support
I got the email that said my new site was ready to go, but when I click on the "view new smugmug" link at the top of my site (leiningerphotos.com) nothing happens. :scratch

Slow servers? System overload user error?

I must really be missing something, I don't see and of the new tool bars or anything, just the same old same old.
Always lurking, sometimes participating. :D

Comments

• Options
    edited July 30, 2013
    I would have thought there'd be a ton of smug hero's hanging out in here today to give those of us having issues a hand....guess not.
  • Options
    McQMcQ Registered Users Posts: 165 Major grins
    edited July 30, 2013
    I'm guessing they're getting slammed on the email side of it with the help@smugmug email right now. I know I'm sending out emails a'plenty to them currently!
    :D
    "Where have you gone, Joe DiMaggio, our nation turns its lonely eyes to you?"

http://mcq.smugmug.com
  • Options
    edited July 30, 2013
    McQ wrote: »
    I'm guessing they're getting slammed on the email side of it with the help@smugmug email right now. I know I'm sending out emails a'plenty to them currently!
    :D

I haven't tried to email them, but after I got my email saying my new site was live, it wasn't. So now I'm like...headscratch.gifne_nau.gif
  • Options
    edited July 30, 2013
    Jeffro wrote: »
    I haven't tried to email them, but after I got my email saying my new site was live, it wasn't. So now I'm like...headscratch.gifne_nau.gif

Bummer. Hope you get to the live version soon.

• Options
    RKnechtRKnecht Registered Users Posts: 366 Major grins
    edited July 30, 2013
    Glenn, I take it that all of your pictures migrated?
    A few Nikon bodies and some fast Nikon glass

www.richknechtphotography.com
  • Options
    edited July 30, 2013
    RKnecht wrote: »
    Glenn, I take it that all of your pictures migrated?

No, I haven't migrated them because I'm still trying to decide on a theme and customizations for it. My understanding is once I migrate everything over, then I'm stuck with the new SM. I want to make sure it works first.

Maybe I've got it mixed up.

• Options
    edited July 30, 2013
    Rich, at least I don't think they've migrated over. I can see them on my old site, and see them when I click on "View the new SmugMug" on my old site. But I don't recall migrating them over.

• Options
    edited July 30, 2013
    I'm guessing I did something to screw it all up, so I guess I'll have to be happy with the old site....for as long as they let me. Sometimes I hate technology...I seem to have the worst luck with the "just one click" stuff. rolleyes1.gif
  • Options
    edited July 30, 2013
    I'm guessing I did something to screw it all up, so I guess I'll have to be happy with the old site....for as long as they let me. Sometimes I hate technology...I seem to have the worst luck with the "just one click" stuff. rolleyes1.gif

Welcome to the future!

I'm like George Jetson on the treadmill. No luck either.

• Options
    edited July 30, 2013
    McQ wrote: »
    Rich, at least I don't think they've migrated over. I can see them on my old site, and see them when I click on "View the new SmugMug" on my old site. But I don't recall migrating them over.

If you see them on the new site they migrated. When I click on the new site I just get a homepage sample. None of my galleries are visible. Your new site will only be visible to visitors when you hit the Unveil tag, and you need to do that twice.

• Options
    zacHer0zacHer0 Registered Users Posts: 655 Major grins
    edited July 30, 2013
    Jeffro, email the help desk and we'll give you some personal help :). We are kinda busy right now so the response time may not be as fast as you are used to. Sorry about that.
    Zac Williams
    Support Hero
  • Options
    edited July 30, 2013
    zacHer0 wrote: »
    Jeffro, email the help desk and we'll give you some personal help :). We are kinda busy right now so the response time may not be as fast as you are used to. Sorry about that.

Thanks, I figured. I'll wait a bit, and live with it for awhile. :giggle
  • Options
    edited July 30, 2013
    If you see them on the new site they migrated. When I click on the new site I just get a homepage sample. None of my galleries are visible. Your new site will only be visible to visitors when you hit the Unveil tag, and you need to do that twice.

Hmmm…ok. Thanks, Rich. This is a little harder than the one-click changeover they mentioned. But I'll get there eventually.

• Options
    edited July 30, 2013
    I don't think it's harder, just different. As always, it takes a little time to get used to new things. Now where did all those pictures go?

• Options
    edited July 30, 2013
    I don't think it's harder, just different. As always, it takes a little time to get used to new things. Now where did all those pictures go?

Definitely not harder than the old site. Just harder than I anticipated it to be. Coming along though.

Still trying to figure out how to change the giant background image in the Sierra design. That one has me stumped.

Once I get that, I'll transfer it over permanently.

• Options
    edited July 30, 2013
    Now my site is nothing but a blank page.....eek7.gif
  • Options
    edited July 30, 2013

There is absolutely nothing worse than finding your website is gone, no pictures anywhere, years of hard work gone! :cry

Today really sucks.
  • Options
    edited July 30, 2013
    There is absolutely nothing worse than finding your website is gone, no pictures anywhere, years of hard work gone! :cry

Today really sucks.

Thank goodness, it just showed up.

But now the link to "view new smugmug is gone"......rolleyes1.gif

Tomorrow, tomorrow, I'll be back, tomorrow to try to view the new smug again!
  • Options
    jwwjww Registered Users Posts: 449 Major grins
    edited July 30, 2013
    Seems the entire site is in read only mode, but I think that is not exactly correct as I think every site is totally black. Possibly anything using the new stuff is working though? ..really don't know. I was just hoping to do a quick tweak to my old slide show since I just found out I needed to "add something new" to something that always worked. ..and then everything went black.

Nice!! lol
  • Options
    edited July 30, 2013
    jww wrote: »
    Seems the entire site is in read only mode, but I think that is not exactly correct as I think every site is totally black. Possibly anything using the new stuff is working though? ..really don't know. I was just hoping to do a quick tweak to my old slide show since I just found out I needed to "add something new" to something that always worked. ..and then everything went black.

Nice!! lol

I had to add the "key code" to my "old" (current) slideshow to make the password requirement go away, just the other day.

I don't think Smug was quite as ready for this roll out as they had though. Maybe they should have rolled it out to the pro accounts first, then move down from there.

So long as they don't lose my photos, I'll be happy, well relieved may be a better term.
  • Options
    edited July 30, 2013
    Well I got a reply from the hero's....they said migration had been put on hold and told me to try again. I went to my site and the "view new smug" link that was there, was gone, and the green "check out the new smug" link was back. So I've hit the preview link, again, and now I'm waiting to see what happens.....if anything at all.
  • Options
    edited July 30, 2013
    Over an hour later......nothing, same old, same old and another email sent to the help desk.....bedtime.
  • Options
    edited July 31, 2013
    I woke up this morning to the new site controls. clap.gif ( I guess )

It's going to take awhile to figure all this stuff out, it's not what I would call "easy" buy any means. It's a bit more confusing than the old site.

But I'll adapt.
  • Options
    zacHer0zacHer0 Registered Users Posts: 655 Major grins
    edited July 31, 2013
    Great! We had quite a backlog last night but it should be moving along smoother this morning.
    Zac Williams
    Support Hero