Can't customise Contact Form

paulbrockpaulbrock Registered Users Posts: 515 Major grins
edited August 3, 2013 in SmugMug Pro Sales Support
On Smugmug classic I was able to embed a Wufoo form which allowed enquiries to be captured, auto replies to be sent, lots of good stuff.

Now, there's no way of adding a Wufoo (or any 3rd party) form and we're stuck with the generic, unfriendly official Smugmug form.

Old form:
wufoo-M.png

New Form:
About%20-%20paulbrock-M.png

And what the hell sort of prompt is "The question" anyway?!

Comments

• McQMcQ Registered Users Posts: 165 Major grins
    edited July 30, 2013
    paulbrock wrote: »
    On Smugmug classic I was able to embed a Wufoo form which allowed enquiries to be captured, auto replies to be sent, lots of good stuff.

Now, there's no way of adding a Wufoo (or any 3rd party) form and we're stuck with the generic, unfriendly official Smugmug form.

Old form:
    wufoo-M.png

New Form:
    About%20-%20paulbrock-M.png

And what the hell sort of prompt is "The question" anyway?!

I had a nice Wufoo form, too. Would really love to have it back.
    "Where have you gone, Joe DiMaggio, our nation turns its lonely eyes to you?"

http://mcq.smugmug.com
  • jasonscottphotojasonscottphoto Registered Users Posts: 711 Major grins
    edited July 30, 2013
    Ditto!!
    Posts by Allyson, the wife/assistant...

Jason Scott Photography | Blog | FB | Twitter | Google+ | Tumblr | Instagram | YouTube
  • FullFeatherFullFeather Registered Users Posts: 9 Beginner grinner
    edited July 30, 2013
    Yes! Please help!!! I used JotForm 3rd party contact form & cannot get it to work. In the meantime, can anyone explain how to at least set up the generic Smugmug Contact Form? I've not used it before & have no idea how to find it within the new Smugmug customization.
  • timnosenzotimnosenzo Registered Users Posts: 405 Major grins
    edited July 30, 2013
    Following, my Wufoo form is broken too.
  • Tim KamppinenTim Kamppinen Registered Users Posts: 816 Major grins
    edited July 31, 2013
    I was so exicted watching the unveiling; everything looked amazing. I'm starting to think it's all style and no substance. Seriously considering whether I should just stick with my plan of jumping over to zenfolio. Yeah, it's uglier than the new smugmug, but there's a lot more functionality... I doubt smugmug will ever allow us to self-fulfillment. People have been asking for that forever... Now we can't even have our own contact form?
    edited July 31, 2013
    Ok, I got the Wufoo form to work on my site and it seems pretty straightforward (if your Wuffo page survived the migration over to the new site).

First, here's my page. Click on "Contact Glenn" and you can see it takes you to the form. I've tested it and it did send me an email.

I was able to add it by first finding the form page in my galleries. It had migrated over.

I copied the link from the form page.

Opened my new site, logged in, and clicked on "Customize" > "Customize Site"

Go to the part of the page which contains the navigation bar and click on the Wrench icon.

i-PMfMtTS-L.png

Click on the Links Tab and create a new link, pasting your copied Contact Form page into it and naming it.

i-rTc2scP-L.png

Done!

Simple. Let me know if this needs clarification.

• RKnechtRKnecht Registered Users Posts: 366 Major grins
    edited July 31, 2013
    Nice work Glenn. I did the same thing for my Facebook page. I'm getting close, but I think I'll be waiting a bit to click that "Unveil" tab :) I still need to figure out a few things. But so far, it's not too bad.
    A few Nikon bodies and some fast Nikon glass

www.richknechtphotography.com
    edited July 31, 2013
    RKnecht wrote: »
    Nice work Glenn. I did the same thing for my Facebook page. I'm getting close, but I think I'll be waiting a bit to click that "Unveil" tab :) I still need to figure out a few things. But so far, it's not too bad.

You know you want to pull the trigger, Rich! :D

Once I did that and committed to the new site, my anxiety level dropped to about zero. There are still things to tweak and clean up, but pretty minor.

Although I know you have waaaay more at stake with your site, as yours makes tons-o-money and mine makes zip, so I underhand you making sure it's all set just right before changing!

Can't wait to see how yours turns out.

• Tim KamppinenTim Kamppinen Registered Users Posts: 816 Major grins
    edited July 31, 2013
    McQ wrote: »
    Ok, I got the Wufoo form to work on my site and it seems pretty straightforward (if your Wuffo page survived the migration over to the new site).

First, here's my page. Click on "Contact Glenn" and you can see it takes you to the form. I've tested it and it did send me an email.

I was able to add it by first finding the form page in my galleries. It had migrated over.

I copied the link from the form page.

Opened my new site, logged in, and clicked on "Customize" > "Customize Site"

Go to the part of the page which contains the navigation bar and click on the Wrench icon.

i-PMfMtTS-L.png

Click on the Links Tab and create a new link, pasting your copied Contact Form page into it and naming it.

i-rTc2scP-L.png

Done!

Simple. Let me know if this needs clarification.

That's not working... it's just a link to the wufoo form. You still can't embed it in your site like you could before. I don't want people to click my contact form and end up on a different website.
  • paulbrockpaulbrock Registered Users Posts: 515 Major grins
    edited July 31, 2013
    yeah, that doesn't cut if for me either. Here's what my contact form currently looks like:
    http://www.paulbrockphotography.co.uk/gallery/3680133

right now I'm looking like going to a mock site approximating smug - https://sites.google.com/site/pbpcontactform/

hardly ideal.
    edited July 31, 2013
    Currently I have my Wufoo form embedded in a custom HTML page, which isn't working on the new SM. I tried creating a new page in the NEW SM, adding an HTML block, and inserting the Wufoo iframe in it, but SM is stripping all of the iframe code, so it's not working that way.

So, I went into Wufoo and copied the code that creates a sized pop up window with the form embedded. I copied that code into the nav link, and it does work. I actually don't mind it as a small pop up window, but I'm a bit concerned with the usability across browsers, devices, old pop-up blockers, etc. ne_nau.gif

i-9qHZf4c-L.png
    edited July 31, 2013
    Actually... it looks like my solution isn't working on mobile. Oh well.
    edited July 31, 2013
    looks pretty good for desktop though tim. Can you post exactly what you pasted into the URL field though? I'm almost getting it working but not quite there...
    edited July 31, 2013
    Sorry that's not working for you Tim, or Paul. It's all I knew to do. Until SM has a better solution, I'm using it because I've got no other option. What can I say?

edited July 31, 2013
    Thanks Paul. I had to take out some of the code that Wufoo gives you.

SO when you go into Wufoo, you click the CODE button for the available forms and they show you the different types - select POP UP FORM LINK

You should see something like this in the box:
    [PHP]<a href="http://timnosenzophoto.wufoo.com/forms/..../&quot; onclick="window.open(this.href, null, 'height=917, width=680, toolbar=0, location=0, status=1, scrollbars=1, resizable=1'); return false">Please fill out my form.</a>[/PHP]

Since SmugMug is taking care of the anchor tags, you just need the URL - in my case thats:
    [PHP]http://timnosenzophoto.wufoo.com/forms/..../&quot; onclick="window.open(this.href, null, 'height=917, width=680, toolbar=0, location=0, status=1, scrollbars=1, resizable=1'); return false[/PHP]
    edited July 31, 2013
    marvellous! didn't realise that you only need speech marks at the end of the URL.

Now to see what it works with and doesn't work with....
  • wdbrnbwdbrnb Registered Users Posts: 9 Beginner grinner
    edited July 31, 2013
    Thank you sooooooo much....although it was a simple fix (to add the wufoo link) I've been smugging for 2 days now with the new sites, and yes I just can't think anymore. :)

It's all good...the new site will be great.
    edited July 31, 2013
    wdbrnb wrote: »
    Thank you sooooooo much....although it was a simple fix (to add the wufoo link) I've been smugging for 2 days now with the new sites, and yes I just can't think anymore. :)

It's all good...the new site will be great.

Yours works on my iPad and iPhone too, maybe I did something wrong... Or I wasn't working in the sandbox site. I will revisit. thumb.gif
    edited August 3, 2013
    Workaround to actually EMBED form on page - works perfectly - even on mobiles!

http://dgrin.com/showthread.php?t=237346