Options

IE10 glitch and branding

marjomarjo Registered Users Posts: 7 Beginner grinner
edited July 31, 2013 in SmugMug Pro Sales Support
I am using template called "arrow"

1. How do I get rid of the Smugmug Pro branding in the top left corner? I don't want any other branding on my page except my own. If this was a free image hosting service then advertizing would be acceptable, but Smugmug is not free and I don't want any brandin or advertizing of of Smugmug on my site.

2. I put in my logo. i select Logo -> Image and then set the option to "left". In Firefox it looks OK. In Internet Explorer 10, it does not look OK, In IE10 I see the logo in addition to the TEXT below the logo. I do not want the text.

I asked this question on Facebook, but did not get a reply. Someone said "forget about IE10, use something else". Well, we can't very well control what browsers our customers and site visitors use. The templates need to work with all common browsers.

3. I noticed that some of my password protected galleries were no longer password protected. This could be a big problem.

Comments

• Options
    moose135moose135 Registered Users Posts: 1,418 Major grins
    edited July 31, 2013
    marjo wrote: »
    1. How do I get rid of the Smugmug Pro branding in the top left corner?
    That is part of the header bar that includes your customization menu items. You won't see that when you are logged out of your site, meaning your visitors won't see it. If you haven't unveiled your site yet, there isn't a way to get the Visitor View, but look at my site, and you'll see there is no SM Pro logo at the top.
  • Options
    edited July 31, 2013
    Thank you moose135 for our reply on question #1. I found how to turn that off, but still can't find how to turn off the "photosharing by Smugmug" in the footer. I want that turned off as I don't find it acceptable to have any sort of advertizing on my site.
  • Options
    edited July 31, 2013
    Figured out #2. Not sure why, but when I reset it and save it it started working in IE.

Question on how to turn off the footer branding remains.
  • Options
    edited July 31, 2013
    If you have turned off the main footer through the option in your theme, and only have the small "Photo Sharing by SmugMug" at the bottom, add this to your theme's advanced CSS:
    .sm-page-powered-by A:first-child
    {
        display: none;
     }

http://dgrin.com/showthread.php?t=236598
  • Options
    edited July 31, 2013
    Most excellent. That works. Thank you Moose135.

I still think by default Smugmug should not have any forced "branding by default" on paid accounts and there should at the very least be a button to turn it off with, with no need for adding code.
  • Options
    LRussoPhotoLRussoPhoto Registered Users Posts: 458 Major grins
    edited July 31, 2013
    How do I access visitor view after I unveiled? I dont see it.
    D300s D90
    Nikon 18-105mm,Nikon 18-200mm,Sigma 24-70mm f2.8, Sigma 70-200mm f/2.8

http://LouRusso.SmugMug.com
  • Options
    edited July 31, 2013
    I don't think there is a real Visitor View - once you have unveiled your site, you can either log out to view it, or open in a different browser. I usually use FF, but if I'm checking my site, I'll have Chrome open to my site, without logging in, to view it as a visitor.