Options

Not cool!!

DreamcatcherPhotographyDreamcatcherPhotography Registered Users Posts: 2 Beginner grinner
edited August 1, 2013 in SmugMug Pro Sales Support
I am very unhappy with the new and UN improved site! I do NOT find it user friendly, it's very difficult to organize, my albums are hidden away in folders I didn't ask for or want. I can get used to it though, and maybe someday even like it. However, what I do NOT like, and cannot accept, is the fact that the new site does NOT support the Communities, namely the Daily Photo Community. The number one reason I opened my Smug account was the fact that it did have these great communities, which are fantastic for exposure. How will people find me if they don't see my photo out there every day? Keywords?? Ridiculous. No One has time to weed through thousands of photos with the same keywords. They're also a great place for making wonderful friendships with people that share a love and passion for photography. I am afraid that unless the Communities are reinstated with the new layout, I will be forced to move my site to another host. You may not miss me, but you may miss all the other people of the Daily Community if they chose to leave also.

Comments

• Options
    ian408ian408 Administrators Posts: 21,912 moderator
    edited July 31, 2013
    Nothing really changes with regard to organization. Depending on the theme you choose, the layout might be different.

If you need to organize your site, click on the "organize" icon on the menu bar. You can drag and drop to configure manually or sort using the drop down menu.

Speaking of organizing. Are you aware of the Smart Gallery feature? You can easily create a gallery using keywords to populate it. So you could create a gallery called "cars" with all of your keyworded car photos.

I'm not sure where the 'communities' feature went. Maybe a SmugMug Hero will chime in with that info. Meanwhile, I'll look around and see if I can find it for you.
    Moderator Journeys/Sports/Big Picture :: Need some help with dgrin?
  • Options
    edited July 31, 2013
    I'm still looking into your question about Communities feature.
  • Options
    AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited July 31, 2013
    ian408 wrote: »
    I'm still looking into your question about Communities feature.

http://www.smugmug.com/community/
  • Options
    DreamcatcherPhotographyDreamcatcherPhotography Registered Users Posts: 2 Beginner grinner
    edited July 31, 2013
    Yeah, the Daily Community is still there. But as SM themselves have stated, once Legacy is gone, so will be the communities!
  • Options
    edited August 1, 2013
    Yeah, the Daily Community is still there. But as SM themselves have stated, once Legacy is gone, so will be the communities!

The good news is the legacy stuff isn't going away for a while.

Hope to get more information for you soon!
  • Options
    urbanmoonurbanmoon Registered Users Posts: 24 Big grins
    edited August 1, 2013
    This reminds me very much of whenever I format my drive and then have to do all my installations, configurations, get everything set up the way it was before. I use Linux, not Windows or MacOS, so my options to fine tune and configure are great. I put a lot of work into getting everything exactly how I like it so this kind of major overhaul always hurts! A lot! I grimace, grunt, groan and complain because things have moved or changed...much like now. But in the end, it's always better and worth the "growing pains". :)
    -- Anita

http://www.urbanmoon.ca

Imagination is more important than knowledge. -- Albert Einstein