Options

Fortunate Alignments.

superduckzsuperduckz Registered Users Posts: 377 Major grins
edited August 2, 2013 in Other Cool Shots
Wish I could say I even remember noticing this in the VF. Truth is I basically got lucky with the shadows horizon and the paint stripes. Debated color Vs B&W hen desaturated juuust enough to sort of have both.

p1677187562-5.jpg
Accidents and Inspiration
One of these days I'll have to figure out what my "style" is..

Comments

• Options
    joshhuntnmjoshhuntnm Registered Users Posts: 1,924 Major grins
    edited August 1, 2013
    I'd like to see the contrast and sharpness boosted. . . maybe a black and white.
  • Options
    EaracheEarache Registered Users Posts: 3,533 Major grins
    edited August 2, 2013
    Interesting image Steve - very different - nice work with the PP, IMO the toning and contrast are just fine - it has a split/selective look, but I assume that's an illusion... Cool!
    Eric ~ Smugmug
  • Options
    superduckzsuperduckz Registered Users Posts: 377 Major grins
    edited August 2, 2013
    Thanks gents! The lighting was a lucky break where the shadow line perfectly divided the "box" under the pier.

Everyone has their own tastes when it comes to where to stop the sliders and I took this in a dozen different directions starting directly towards a "vision" I had in mind... But it wasn't quite what I hoped. When I hit this particular adjustment I just smiled to myself, hit export and called it done. This was just my personal "sweet spot". But yeah I get that a dozen people could make a dozen very unique (and excellent) images from this.
    Accidents and Inspiration
    One of these days I'll have to figure out what my "style" is..