List pages without pictures showing?

printergirlprintergirl Registered Users Posts: 308 Major grins
edited August 5, 2013 in SmugMug Customization
Does anyone know if there is a way to have an information page, with links to my various pages, where I don't have to put a picture above each link? If you visit this page you will see what I mean: http://www.norakramerphotography.com/Information

Is there a way to just LIST the page links?
~ Nora

WebsiteBlogFacebookTwitter

Comments

• mcgilmcgil Registered Users Posts: 110 Major grins
    edited August 3, 2013
    We are possibly looking for the same answer : http://www.dgrin.com/showthread.php?t=236980
    How do we just have a page with a list of links without the thumbnail... let me know if you find a solution first :)
  • printergirlprintergirl Registered Users Posts: 308 Major grins
    edited August 3, 2013
    Yup. Sounds like we are in the same boat.
    ~ Nora

• denisegoldbergdenisegoldberg Administrators Posts: 14,220 moderator
    edited August 3, 2013
    Is there a way to just LIST the page links?
    Have you tried just dragging an HTML element to the page and using <a href= statements? (There are two links on my About page that use an HTML element. And yes, I know, they don't look like links - I had them switch to overline on hover but I didn't like that, still experimenting...)

--- Denise
  • mcgilmcgil Registered Users Posts: 110 Major grins
    edited August 3, 2013
    Thanks Denise. This could work for someone with a few fixed links, but in my case each folder contains dozens of galleries and that list grows all the time.

In Customize / On All Folders / Galleries / little wrench icon / Basic : I have chosen
    Layout : Collage Portrait
    and
    Photo Size : Small

and that allows to me list 5 galleries per row ... 2013 already has 10 rows and growing ... so I really need a way to list just the Title of the galleries and not their thumbnails.

In my case the thumbnails are not even showing cause the galleries are all password protected, so the only thing showing is the grey box with the image-locked photo.
  • printergirlprintergirl Registered Users Posts: 308 Major grins
    edited August 3, 2013
    Have you tried just dragging an HTML element to the page and using <a href= statements? (There are two links on my About page that use an HTML element. And yes, I know, they don't look like links - I had them switch to overline on hover but I didn't like that, still experimenting...)

--- Denise

Denise, yes, I thought about that, but ran into the same issue as you did. I had to underline them to at least let people know they were links. Didn't really care for the look. I am still experimenting on these as well. I was hoping for something more intuitive and less work as I add new pages, but I may end up having to go that route until a solution is found.

BTW, I LOVE your new site Denise. I remember you old one too, and liked it, but he new one really rocks! Overall I am thinking this new SM is a big facelift and makes much more modern looking sites easily doable.
    ~ Nora

• denisegoldbergdenisegoldberg Administrators Posts: 14,220 moderator
    edited August 3, 2013
    Denise, yes, I thought about that, but ran into the same issue as you did. I had to underline them to at least let people know they were links. Didn't really care for the look. I am still experimenting on these as well. I was hoping for something more intuitive and less work as I add new pages, but I may end up having to go that route until a solution is found.

BTW, I LOVE your new site Denise. I remember you old one too, and liked it, but he new one really rocks! Overall I am thinking this new SM is a big facelift and makes much more modern looking sites easily doable.
    I"m concerned about people not knowing they are links too, still thinking about how to change it. I'll keep an eye on your site to see what you come up with.

Thanks for the compliment on my new site! I liked my old site but I like the new one so much more. It just feels cleaner somehow - and you're right, the more modern look makes a big difference. I was amazed how big...

--- Denise
  • aschendelaschendel Registered Users Posts: 283 Major grins
    edited August 5, 2013
    Check out post #11 from Lamah in this thread http://www.dgrin.com/showpost.php?p=1888028&postcount=11, is that similar to what you are striving for? There is the Pages content block which might be customizable with similar CSS...

a.s.