Gallery Photo limit in Organize Site?

LPCLPC Registered Users Posts: 481 Major grins
edited August 4, 2013 in SmugMug Feature Requests
I'm not sure if this is a bug, a feature or an oversight but if you have a gallery with an (unknown) max number of photographs it seems that when you go to arrange photos in that gallery if the max number is exceeded then the photos are out of order. You then have to guess where a photo should be and take several attempts to move it into the right place. I am yet to click on Done because I am nervous that the current 'out of order' order in the Organize Site view will be saved which would mess up the Gallery completely. For most of my Galleries it is very important that the photographs are in the order they are in.

If there has been a policy decision to have a max number of photographs in a gallery before it becomes nearly impossible to arrange then please can that be reconsidered. I am very happy with the way my site looks now and am desperate to unveil but if it only looks good and I can't upload any new photographs because I can't move them in the right place in a gallery then there is no point.

Many thanks.

Comments

• AllenAllen Registered Users Posts: 10,008 Major grins
    edited August 4, 2013
    In the gallery this is happening can you check to photo total?
    45/?????
    Do you see a number less then what you think is in the gallery?
    Keyword galleries show a max of 1000 although I have many more.
    Perhaps this happens on all galleries.
    Al - Just a volunteer here having fun
    My Website index | My Blog
  • LPCLPC Registered Users Posts: 481 Major grins
    edited August 4, 2013
    Allen wrote: »
    In the gallery this is happening can you check to photo total?
    45/?????
    Do you see a number less then what you think is in the gallery?
    Keyword galleries show a max of 1000 although I have many more.
    Perhaps this happens on all galleries.

I thought it might be 1000 but I have a gallery with 865 photos and it's the same there as it is in a gallery with 488 whereas a Gallery with 317 is fine and in the order it should be so I don't know what the limit is exactly.

For the problem Galleries, all the photographs seem to be there and it starts off fine but then there are big groups of photos which are badly out of order. I really don't want to move one recently added photo into the correct place (or guess at where the correct place would be) and click on Done in case that wrong order stays like that in which case it would be impossible to correct it.

I do hope this can be fixed.
  • AllenAllen Registered Users Posts: 10,008 Major grins
    edited August 4, 2013
    I guess we also lost the "arrange" pick under each photo like the legacy site.
    Al - Just a volunteer here having fun
    My Website index | My Blog
  • LPCLPC Registered Users Posts: 481 Major grins
    edited August 4, 2013
    Allen wrote: »
    I guess we also lost the "arrange" pick under each photo like the legacy site.

Looks like it may be a bug rather than a new feature after all!

http://www.dgrin.com/showthread.php?p=1888503#post1888503