Show Us Your New SmugMug Customized Sites!

mbonocorembonocore Registered Users Posts: 2,299 Major grins
edited December 5, 2016 in SmugMug Customization
Allright Customization gurus, we want to see what you have been doing to the New SmugMug. Reply to this thread with your new SmugMug site. If you can also give a brief overview of the additional customization you did, that would be awesome.

We are going to start showing off awesome sites via our social media channels soon, so show us what you got! :clap

Michael

Comments

• JefCurtisJefCurtis Registered Users Posts: 14 Big grins
    edited August 5, 2013
    I've made some adjustments to the background when on mobile and added a background to the menu bar as well :-)

I hope you likey!

Boneheads.smugmug.com

-Jef
  • mbonocorembonocore Registered Users Posts: 2,299 Major grins
    edited August 5, 2013
    JefCurtis wrote: »
    I've made some adjustments to the background when on mobile and added a background to the menu bar as well :-)

I hope you likey!

Boneheads.smugmug.com

-Jef

Jeff, You have no idea how happy that site makes me. For one, you were thinking outside the box and created something beautiful! Also, I love that you showcase the business and services first and the photography and video second. Bravo! I sent it off to the entire company I was so impressed. thumb.gif

Thanks!
  • jarboedoggartjarboedoggart Registered Users Posts: 270 Major grins
    edited August 5, 2013
    JefCurtis wrote: »

I hope you likey!

Boneheads.smugmug.com

-Jef

Love it. Definitely fresh and exciting with great colors. Great job.

Here is my New Smugmug site as it stands, not very much customization going on except for the wufoo contact form work around. Really happy with the site and switch-over so far. Let me know what you think!

Site ---> www.jarboedoggart.com
    -Nate
    Jarboe Doggart Photography - jarboedoggart.com
  • mbonocorembonocore Registered Users Posts: 2,299 Major grins
    edited August 5, 2013

Here is my New Smugmug site as it stands, not very much customization going on except for the wufoo contact form work around. Really happy with the site and switch-over so far. Let me know what you think!

Super cool Nate! Love it! Question. How did you get the Wufoo contact form on that page?
    edited August 5, 2013
    mbonocore wrote: »
    Super cool Nate! Love it! Question. How did you get the Wufoo contact form on that page?

There is a thread about it here: http://www.dgrin.com/showthread.php?t=237346

Basically just post the wufoo form in a blog that uses iframe, then use a feed box on the Smugmug page to bring in the blog post. Was pretty easy.
    -Nate
  • juanherediajuanheredia Registered Users Posts: 345 Major grins
    edited August 5, 2013
    This is mine. I've changed the same day of the launch, but because how easy it is to customize, I've been making several changes to stay with this design I hope you like.
    http://jchmportafolio.infoinnova.net

P.D. What I really miss in this new smugmug is the option to use JavaScript.
    edited August 5, 2013
    mbonocore wrote: »
    Allright Customization gurus, we want to see what you have been doing to the New SmugMug. Reply to this thread with your new SmugMug site. If you can also give a brief overview of the additional customization you did, that would be awesome.

We are going to start showing off awesome sites via our social media channels soon, so show us what you got! clap.gif

Michael

You have a nice looking site!!! I'll take it as a reference for customizing mine.
    edited August 5, 2013
    This is mine. I've changed the same day of the launch, but because how easy it is to customize, I've been making several changes to stay with this design I hope you like.
    http://jchmportafolio.infoinnova.net

P.D. What I really miss in this new smugmug is the option to use JavaScript.

I like the template I chose, obviously, but this is a cool one that I always seem to like. I like the idea of mimicking a facebook cover photo and profile picture. I think it looks good and people will instantly feel at home. Nice site
    -Nate
    edited August 5, 2013

Great Site, not only the design, but your photos really look cool.
    Since you have the left side pinned. When I go to some gallery the texts there sometime overlap while all the photos are uploading. Interesting Contact Form. I like it.
  • denisegoldbergdenisegoldberg Administrators Posts: 14,220 moderator
    edited August 5, 2013
    I'm always happy to share my site!
    --- Denise
  • RKnechtRKnecht Registered Users Posts: 366 Major grins
    edited August 5, 2013
    Denise, love the clean design. My only issue is you can't get back to your gallery page via the breadcrumbs once you navigate away from it.
    A few Nikon bodies and some fast Nikon glass

www.richknechtphotography.com
  • WinkXR6TWinkXR6T Registered Users Posts: 61 Big grins
    edited August 5, 2013
    Here's mine... http://http://www.photosbyadamlee.com/

I set mine up with the world of mobile devices in mind. The gallery photos fill the screen and will mould to any device and I believe scrolling vertically is a natural way to browse given the smart phone and tablet revolution.
  • RKnechtRKnecht Registered Users Posts: 366 Major grins
    edited August 5, 2013
    WinkXR6T wrote: »
    Here's mine... http://http://www.photosbyadamlee.com/

I set mine up with the world of mobile devices in mind. The gallery photos fill the screen and will mould to any device and I believe scrolling vertically is a natural way to browse given the smart phone and tablet revolution.

Love how your homepage explodes with color. Not sure I like the fact that when you click on an image that you get a full screen, unprotected version which can be copied and printed. Right click protection is so easy to get around these days.
    A few Nikon bodies and some fast Nikon glass

www.richknechtphotography.com
    edited August 5, 2013
    Thanks.

From what I can tell right click protection is enabled. Although that's nothing a print screen won't fix. If someone wants the shot bad enough, they'll get it. I used to have watermarks, but they detract from the site IMO.
  • thenimirrathenimirra Registered Users Posts: 697 Major grins
    edited August 5, 2013
    RKnecht wrote: »
    Love how your homepage explodes with color. Not sure I like the fact that when you click on an image that you get a full screen, unprotected version which can be copied and printed. Right click protection is so easy to get around these days.

vivid colors and a awesome homepage! Can you please tell me how you got your logo on the top? What size was the image you used?
  • thenimirrathenimirra Registered Users Posts: 697 Major grins
    edited August 5, 2013
    I'm always happy to share my site!
    --- Denise

Hey Denise! Good to be catching up with you. Your help was very instrumental in helping me create my Legacy Look. Love the cleanness of your new page now too.

Can you please tell me how you created your Contact Me page?
  • digitalpinsdigitalpins Registered Users Posts: 448 Major grins
    edited August 5, 2013
    Hello, my website is below, I used the Template Zoe..... I wanted my website to be nice and clean plus easy to navigate for people, nothing too busy also I wanted the layout to look well on phones or tablets. So I edited the template Zoe a bit, also used smugmugs contact me form. My older smugmug site was all black, I went with white this time and love the new smugmug look.

http://www.lamontphotography.com/
    www.lamontphotography.com
    Canon 60D
    Canon Rebel XTi (400)
    Canon 10-22mm, Canon 50mm f/1.8 II
    MacBook, MacPro
    edited August 5, 2013
    thenimirra wrote: »
    vivid colors and a awesome homepage! Can you please tell me how you got your logo on the top? What size was the image you used?

Thanks.
    I used the Isis template so the logo position is already centred at the top. The image size is set to 350px in the settings for that box.
    edited August 5, 2013
    RKnecht wrote: »
    Denise, love the clean design. My only issue is you can't get back to your gallery page via the breadcrumbs once you navigate away from it.
    Thanks!

Yes, I'm aware of that; my legacy site behaved like that as well. I'm hoping the viewers are smart enough to click "gallery" in the navbar again. Better yet would be the ability to indicate that a page be in the breadcrumb but that's not currently possible.

--- Denise
    edited August 5, 2013
    thenimirra wrote: »
    Hey Denise! Good to be catching up with you. Your help was very instrumental in helping me create my Legacy Look. Love the cleanness of your new page now too.

Can you please tell me how you created your Contact Me page?
    Thanks!

My contact me page is the standard smug contact page. I just linked to it in the navbar (select contact in the dropdown). You will need to verify your contact email address first.

--- Denise
  • bwendelljbwendellj Registered Users Posts: 43 Big grins
    edited August 5, 2013
    Does the site need to be in "unveil" mode to share? I am still in published state.

Best,

Wendell
  • nikongirl74nikongirl74 Registered Users Posts: 46 Big grins
    edited August 5, 2013
    Here's mine!!! I LOVE it!!!!!!! www.valeriecookphoto.com
    Critiques welcome!
    edited August 5, 2013
    bwendellj wrote: »
    Does the site need to be in "unveil" mode to share? I am still in published state.
    Your site needs to be unveiled (as in available for public viewing).

--- Denise
  • nikongirl74nikongirl74 Registered Users Posts: 46 Big grins
    edited August 5, 2013
    I like the template I chose, obviously, but this is a cool one that I always seem to like. I like the idea of mimicking a facebook cover photo and profile picture. I think it looks good and people will instantly feel at home. Nice site

I LOVE it! How did you get so many photos on the homepage - mine is similar but locked at 20...
  • PhotoDavid78PhotoDavid78 Registered Users Posts: 939 Major grins
    edited August 5, 2013
    Here is mine www.davidweissphotos.com

I only wish I remembered to take screen grabs of my old site for memories ne_nau.gif
    David Weiss | Canon 5D Mark III | FujiFilm XT-4 | iPhone
    My Website
    Facebook | Twitter | | VSCOgrid | Instagram |
  • rhiturajrhituraj Registered Users Posts: 211 Major grins
    edited August 5, 2013
    Here is mine www.rhitusworld.com . Love the new smugmug!

Camera - $1700, Lens - $900, Memories - Priceless | www.rhitusworld.com
  • PhotoDavid78PhotoDavid78 Registered Users Posts: 939 Major grins
    edited August 5, 2013
    rhituraj wrote: »
    Here is mine www.rhitusworld.com . Love the new smugmug!

Great looking site, love the sunflower pano!
    David Weiss | Canon 5D Mark III | FujiFilm XT-4 | iPhone
    My Website
    Facebook | Twitter | | VSCOgrid | Instagram |
  • basfltbasflt Registered Users Posts: 1,882 Major grins
    edited August 5, 2013
    almost there , one minor issue to solve , this is it for now
    http://basflt.smugmug.com/
  • steelephotography.comsteelephotography.com Registered Users Posts: 81 Big grins
    edited August 5, 2013
    I love the new SmugMug. Really simple and easy.

www.SteelePhotography.com
  • KevinPaulKevinPaul Registered Users Posts: 2 Beginner grinner
    edited August 5, 2013
    I still need to add the info pages and add some tweaks but I love the new smug!

Can you have a look at my home page and let me know if you notice any problems? Sometimes, a few images fail to load and leave blank spots in the layout.

http://www.kpclients.com/

Thanks!