Black and White

bfjrbfjr Registered Users Posts: 10,980 Major grins
edited November 4, 2005 in Wildlife
Birdies that is :D

Crackle
42029608-L.jpg

RedWing
42029796-L.jpg

Pretty little Goose (don't know right name :dunno)
42029098-L.jpg

Not so pretty Duck :D
41913980-L.jpg

And a most dangerous species. Not only do they chase the birdies away with their big white lenses, they fall asleep at the viewfinder :rofl :lol4 :bad
42064239-L.jpg

Comments

• Options
    Osprey WhispererOsprey Whisperer Registered Users Posts: 3,803 Major grins
    edited October 30, 2005
    Ewwwwwwwww purdy white lens. You know...the good guys wear white..right? rolleyes1.gif How 'bout borrowing that lens and mailing it to me for a while? ne_nau.gif:D I would really like one of those purdy white stormtrooper Star Wars lenses. thumb.gif

Some nice shots, Ben. Oh...and that Canon user isn't asleep at the viewfinder. He just doesn't need to look at his subject...with such a fancy auto focusing camera. :uhoh rolleyes1.gif

I want my 400mm f/2.8 "L" glass...NOW!!!! clap.gif

Cheers

MM
    Mike McCarthy

"Osprey Whisperer"

OspreyWhisperer.com
  • Options
    RohirrimRohirrim Registered Users Posts: 1,889 Major grins
    edited October 30, 2005
    Nice series Ben. That last duck is very sharp.

Now that last pic.... :duel:rambo
  • Options
    HarrybHarryb Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 22,708 Major grins
    edited October 30, 2005
    Good shots Ben.thumb.gif
    Harry
    http://behret.smugmug.com/ NANPA member
    How many photographers does it take to change a light bulb? 50. One to change the bulb, and forty-nine to say, "I could have done that better!"
  • Options
    Ric GrupeRic Grupe Registered Users Posts: 9,522 Major grins
    edited October 30, 2005
    Coffee and doughnuts....or beer and pretzels are a good bait to use to lure in that last species! rolleyes1.gif

Well done....again. clap.gif

Oh! High volume CF cards are a good alternative bait too. mwink.gif
  • Options
    edited October 30, 2005
    Ewwwwwwwww purdy white lens. You know...the good guys wear white..right? rolleyes1.gif How 'bout borrowing that lens and mailing it to me for a while? ne_nau.gif:D I would really like one of those purdy white stormtrooper Star Wars lenses. thumb.gif

Some nice shots, Ben. Oh...and that Canon user isn't asleep at the viewfinder. He just doesn't need to look at his subject...with such a fancy auto focusing camera. :uhoh rolleyes1.gif

I want my 400mm f/2.8 "L" glass...NOW!!!! clap.gif

Cheers

MM
    this entire comment was of course righten while you were sleeping, Cause Mike your Dreaming ................. WAKE UP !! rolleyes1.gif

Join the real world ............. The Nikon World :lol4

Oh and in case I haven't said it before, thanks for always looking/commenting on my work and putting a smile on my face clap.gif:D
  • Options
    edited October 30, 2005
    Rohirrim wrote:
    Nice series Ben. That last duck is very sharp.

Now that last pic.... :duel:rambo
    Thanks Steve, I think ?? :lol :rambo blbl.gif:D
  • Options
    edited October 30, 2005
    Harryb wrote:
    Good shots Ben.thumb.gif
    Ohhh we are staying the PC Moderator now aren't we rolleyes1.gif :lol4 blbl.gif :lol
  • Options
    edited October 30, 2005
    Ric Grupe wrote:
    Coffee and doughnuts....or beer and pretzels are a good bait to use to lure in that last species! rolleyes1.gif

Well done....again. clap.gif

Oh! High volume CF cards are a good alternative bait too. mwink.gif
    Thanks Ric thumb.gif
    Now here's someone who knows how to play clap.gif:D
  • Options
    HarrybHarryb Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 22,708 Major grins
    edited October 30, 2005
    bfjr wrote:
    Ohhh we are staying the PC Moderator now aren't we rolleyes1.gif :lol4 blbl.gif :lol
    I had lots on comments on the last shot of the white lens user but I'm trying to clean up my image and be nice to Canonites. I did notice a pineapple stain on the lens though.
    Harry
    http://behret.smugmug.com/ NANPA member
    How many photographers does it take to change a light bulb? 50. One to change the bulb, and forty-nine to say, "I could have done that better!"
  • Options
    jwearjwear Registered Users Posts: 8,006 Major grins
    edited October 30, 2005
    very nice shots and that last token white lens guy what a nice jester :D that is John he has posted here also very good photo boy be he and there is no one and i do meen no one that can spot insects like he does ,he finds 98% of the mantis and bugs we shoot --he does need to post more of his shots tho ne_nau.gif good work Ben thumb.gif
    Jeff W

“PHOTOGRAPHY IS THE ‘JAZZ’ FOR THE EYES…”

http://jwear.smugmug.com/
  • Options
    edited October 31, 2005
    Harryb wrote:
    I had lots on comments on the last shot of the white lens user but I'm trying to clean up my image and be nice to Canonites. I did notice a pineapple stain on the lens though.

Now that's the Mod (Man) I've come to know!! thumb.giflol3.gif
  • Options
    edited October 31, 2005
    jwear wrote:
    very nice shots and that last token white lens guy what a nice jester :D that is John he has posted here also very good photo boy be he and there is no one and i do meen no one that can spot insects like he does ,he finds 98% of the mantis and bugs we shoot --he does need to post more of his shots tho ne_nau.gif good work Ben thumb.gif

yes John was fun to shoot with and a great naturalist/photographer. Look forward to shootin with him again ............. but we might have to bring some black spray paint :lol4 :D
  • Options
    SLOW86GNSLOW86GN Registered Users Posts: 89 Big grins
    edited November 2, 2005
    I've been called a lot of mean and nasty things, but a NATURALIST??? I tell you after reading these posts, i guess the gloves are off. If it wasn't for me the only thing those NIKON guys would have shot is the inside of there lens cap!!! And i'm blind in one eye and can't see out of the other. See ya at the POND.
  • Options
    edited November 3, 2005
    SLOW86GN wrote:
    I've been called a lot of mean and nasty things, but a NATURALIST??? I tell you after reading these posts, i guess the gloves are off. If it wasn't for me the only thing those NIKON guys would have shot is the inside of there lens cap!!! And i'm blind in one eye and can't see out of the other. See ya at the POND.

I know we were a bit rough on ya !! blbl.gif :wow it's just our way of saying Welcome thumb.gif
    I'll be at the pond today :D
  • Options
    jeff lapointjeff lapoint Registered Users Posts: 1,228 Major grins
    edited November 3, 2005
    Love the shoot of the goose Ben.

As for all the white lens jibber jabber...I may need to help balance the powers a bit2ar15smilie.gif
  • Options
    edited November 4, 2005
    Love the shoot of the goose Ben.

As for all the white lens jibber jabber...I may need to help balance the powers a bit2ar15smilie.gif

Hey Doc
    Really glad you could join us today, even if you were still out numbered :D