how do i make a link from my home page to Gallerys page / other pages

BlethBleth Registered Users Posts: 2 Beginner grinner
edited August 6, 2013 in SmugMug Customization
First time poster here so be gentle with me.

Ok I've set up a home page but what i'd like to do is put in a link to another page that contains my picture gallerys etc what ever how do I do that or do I have to keep everything on the Homepage like in Legacy thanks for any help finally getting my head round this new set up but still struggling a bit

Comments

• leronelerone Registered Users Posts: 22 Big grins
    edited August 6, 2013
    hello Bleth,

I am trying to achieve that too.
    – the tricky part in general is that up to now I don´t know of any free customizable links from images in the new smugmug. while a lot is customizable, the links from images are not (yet?); so they link ot a slidesho/gallery in which they must be contained in themselves. no other way, I know of yet. but I am in contact with SmugMug-support (though they take some time for follow-up).

also everything depends a little on what idea you have about your homepage.
    there are two ways I know of from the top ogf my head, that let you link to a self-chosen landing page (like the browse-page).

1) inserting a link you could use a textbox. doesnt look good, though;
    2) profile box: lets you set an image, and include some overlay text (including freely definable links). but then, this a) isn´t a clickable image again and b) the profile box is restricted to 3:1 formats (I actually don´t know why they are not custmizable;

– see also my thread on this: http://www.dgrin.com/showthread.php?t=237525)

hope that helps/gives first ideas – and I would also be glad to find out how to achieve such a simple thing as one image on homepage with a clicklink to any self-chosen page...

best! oliver