Home page categories won't stretch New SM

AceCo55AceCo55 Registered Users Posts: 950 Major grins
edited August 6, 2013 in SmugMug Customization
I haven't unveiled yet.

I am working with the Sierra theme and on my homepage, I have all my Categories (yes I know its a different word now but I can't think of it!!!).
The problem is that there are only 3 categories per row and I can't find a way to have more.
As it is, there is a lot of wasted space on the left and right of the categories which could easily take two or three more categories per row (which would mean less scrolling).
I have set the layout to "stretchy", small photos, 1:1 ratio and the "block?" is set to 100% (I tried setting it to more than 100% but it won't accept it.

Thanks for any help.
My opinion does not necessarily make it true. What you do with my opinion is entirely up to you.
www.acecootephotography.com

Comments

• aschendelaschendel Registered Users Posts: 283 Major grins
    edited August 5, 2013
    That is strange as it seems like you are doing all the right things. Does the size of that area move around when you resize the window? I just played with mine (also Sierra) and the folder grid (aka categories) immediately changed to fill the screen as I changed the stretchy / 100% settings for my page. Can you upload a screenshot of the customize screen you are working in?

Andy
  • AceCo55AceCo55 Registered Users Posts: 950 Major grins
    edited August 6, 2013
    Thanks for looking Andy.
    The Help Desk found the problem and solution for me. So for anyone who has the same problem ...

"Right now, the design you have chosen has a default Body width of 600 pixels, so that's why your galleries are just showing in the middle of your homepage. To "stretch" this, go to your homepage and click Customize > Customize Site > homepage. Click the Layout tab. You'll see the Body Width element is set to 600 pixels. Delete that number entirely, and then click Done and Publish. That will get your folders to stretch across the entire width of your homepage."
    My opinion does not necessarily make it true. What you do with my opinion is entirely up to you.
    www.acecootephotography.com