Options

Header slideshow width

brandofamilybrandofamily Registered Users Posts: 2,013 Major grins
edited August 6, 2013 in SmugMug Customization
I added a slideshow to my homepage. All the pics are set to a width of 900px. I cannot get the slideshow to display them at 900px. They are narrower.
I will eventually need them wider and will recrop, but let's work on the 900px 1st.
I am using Arrow theme.

I also noticed that the page loads, then the content drops down and the slideshow adds in. I do have a splash image set that's the same size as the slides.

Comments

• Options
    aschendelaschendel Registered Users Posts: 283 Major grins
    edited August 6, 2013
    What do you have your homepage's Layout set to? Stretchy or Fixed? And what do you have your Body Width set to?

Thanks,

Andy
  • Options
    jerryrjerryr Registered Users Posts: 595 Major grins
    edited August 6, 2013
  • Options
    edited August 6, 2013
    aschendel wrote: »
    What do you have your homepage's Layout set to? Stretchy or Fixed? And what do you have your Body Width set to?

Thanks,

Andy

Stretchy
    body width: auto
  • Options
    edited August 6, 2013
    Stretchy
    body width: auto

Hmm, how about the Dimensions of your slideshow container? For that I have my margins all set to 0px and the width to 100%...

a.s.
  • Options
    edited August 6, 2013
    Hmm, how about the Dimensions of your slideshow container? For that I have my margins all set to 0px and the width to 100%...

a.s.

Ya tried all that too.
  • Options
    edited August 6, 2013
    That sucks, I'm pretty sure I can play with mine and it responds logically. What theme are you working in, I can switch to that and see if I see anything interesting.

Andy
  • Options
    edited August 6, 2013
    That sucks, I'm pretty sure I can play with mine and it responds logically. What theme are you working in, I can switch to that and see if I see anything interesting.

Andy

I am using Arrow theme.
  • Options
    edited August 6, 2013
    yeah, that theme kinda locks you down, sorta. check out my site and if that's what you're going for then i can explain what i did.

Andy
  • Options
    edited August 6, 2013
    yeah, that theme kinda locks you down, sorta. check out my site and if that's what you're going for then i can explain what i did.

Andy

Kinda-sorta... I have a series of pics cropped to panoramas. 158 px x 900px for now. If I can figure this out I'll make new slides.
  • Options
    edited August 6, 2013
    That's cool. The Arrow theme is fixed, so while we were tweaking on the homepage it was constrained by the site settings. If you click on Entire Site and switch that to Stretchy and adjust the margins you should be able to get it to work better, unfortunately if you don't want your entire site to be stretchy then that doesn't exactly work right. If that's the case, you can try out the Independent homepage option in the Global Settings, which basically unhooks your homepage from the settings at the Entire Site level. It's pretty intuitive (to me at least) and I was able to get it to look ok on my 22" screen... In FF and IE9.

Andy
  • Options
    edited August 6, 2013
    That's cool. The Arrow theme is fixed, so while we were tweaking on the homepage it was constrained by the site settings. If you click on Entire Site and switch that to Stretchy and adjust the margins you should be able to get it to work better, unfortunately if you don't want your entire site to be stretchy then that doesn't exactly work right. If that's the case, you can try out the Independent homepage option in the Global Settings, which basically unhooks your homepage from the settings at the Entire Site level. It's pretty intuitive (to me at least) and I was able to get it to look ok on my 22" screen... In FF and IE9.

Andy

I am set to stretchy for the entire site. I have margins of SS to zero all around.

I have try to make a bigger pic and see if it stretches it out at all.
  • Options
    edited August 6, 2013
    mine went to 1600 without anything complicated - just working with the various margins, container widths and layouts... that is as big as my screen will hold.

Andy
  • Options
    edited August 6, 2013
    mine went to 1600 without anything complicated - just working with the various margins, container widths and layouts... that is as big as my screen will hold.

Andy

Ya I made a larger image and got it up to 1600px... looks OK. Thanks.