Options

Help Duplicating Legacy Look on New Smugmug

fotoeffectsfotoeffects Registered Users Posts: 77 Big grins
edited August 6, 2013 in SmugMug Customization
I'd like to keep the look and feel of my current smugmug legacy site, which is located at http://fotoeffects.smugmug.com. I have a custom banner at the top of my home page, which is followed by a slide show, which is followed by my favorites and then a list of my galleries. I'd like to take advantage of the new organizational tools but I like the way my legacy site looks. I find the new tools to be very clumsy and difficult to use, probably because I don't know how to use them. Nonetheless, the tutorials on the smugmug help are not detailed enough to really be helpful.

Can you give me some tips with regard to how I can do this. I've already spent a lot of time on my site, getting everything set up for purchase, copyright, sorting, etc. I have a gigantic site with thousands of images and redoing every gallery's settings from scratch is extremely daunting.

Comments

• Options
    paulbrockpaulbrock Registered Users Posts: 515 Major grins
    edited August 6, 2013
    Off the top of my head, edit your Homepage to have the following elements, top to bottom:
    Photo->Single Photo
    Discovery->Search Box
    Navigation->Menu
    Photo->Slideshow
    Photo->Multiple Photos then select "Popular photos" under the Multiple Photos setting
    Navigation->Galleries

I'm not sure what the bit right at the bottom is asking for a password though?

then for the galleries, I think you can get away with standard Smugmug style for a first draft.