Picture to Vidoe Software

TrapshooterTrapshooter Registered Users Posts: 20 Big grins
edited August 6, 2013 in Finishing School
First off let me say, I am not a pro but do like to take a lot of pictures for my daughter. With that being said I am asking for your help and suggestions.

During Meet the team for the local girls high school soccer team last night a few of the Sr. parents asked if I would help them put together a picture video for the team. So, my question is what software should I be looking at to make a picture video for the girls at the end of the season.

Thanks in advance

Comments

• perronefordperroneford Registered Users Posts: 550 Major grins
    edited August 6, 2013
    Do you mean like a slideshow? Not exactly sure what it is you have in your head...
  • TrapshooterTrapshooter Registered Users Posts: 20 Big grins
    edited August 6, 2013
    Perroneford,

I am with you I am not sure what I have in my head either (and thanks for the laugh)! The Sr. girls and parents would like to put together a slide show for the end of theyear awards and as a keepsake of the season. I searched the web and found PhotoStage Slideshow, Wondershare DVD Slideshow Builder Deluxe, PhotoStory or ProShow Gold. I think they will do what I want but I am looking for someone with advice for a newbie trying to help out a group of young ladies remember their Sr. year.

Thanks
  • ziggy53ziggy53 Super Moderators Posts: 23,764 moderator
    edited August 6, 2013
    First off let me say, I am not a pro but do like to take a lot of pictures for my daughter. With that being said I am asking for your help and suggestions.

During Meet the team for the local girls high school soccer team last night a few of the Sr. parents asked if I would help them put together a picture video for the team. So, my question is what software should I be looking at to make a picture video for the girls at the end of the season.

Thanks in advance

Discussing software it's important to list your computer Operating System (OS) version. The exact hardware configuration also may, or may not, be significant.

Among the best software available for Windows for creating a "slideshow video" is Photodex ProShow, available in both a "Gold" and a "Producer" version. ProShow Gold is the version which provides a very nice level of functionality vs cost, and a very good value, IMO. ProShow Producer is for someone who needs even more control and who can justify the higher cost.

(Basically, ProShow Producer provides intrinsic advanced editing such as Chroma-key, vignette and blur, plus X/Y zoom, brightness and color, motion curve, keyframing, masking and adjustment layers, modifiers, solid color and gradient layers, etc.)

If you're running Windows OS, I can highly recommend ProShow Gold for it's versatility, adjustable timing (like timing a video transition to a musical transition) and rendering quality for zooms and moves.

You may also be able run ProShow on a Mac if you set up VMWare Fusion, Parallels Desktop or Apple Boot Camp.

http://www.photodex.com/proshow/gold
    ziggy53
    Moderator of the Cameras and Accessories forums
  • perronefordperroneford Registered Users Posts: 550 Major grins
    edited August 6, 2013
    I was going to say that the only one of those I was familiar with was Proshow Gold... Nice product from what I've seen.