Proof books

dlscott56dlscott56 Registered Users Posts: 1,324 Major grins
edited August 6, 2013 in Mind Your Own Business
Does anyone sell proof books and dvds of images for senior photos? If so, where to you get the proof books since I don't believe they are available through SmugMug?

Thanks

Comments

• GerryDavidGerryDavid Registered Users Posts: 439 Major grins
    edited July 26, 2013
    You can get something like that done at WHCC through their proofing. 5x7x are like 50 cents each and the binding is $5. There are also 8x10 books with numerous pics per page.

I just started offering this for wedding clients, but I create the pages myself using ps8's contact sheet tool, and put them into an 8x8 press printed book. Looks much nicer and will last longer. I also charge a fair amount for these.

20 page 8x8's can hold 180 pics *9 per page*
    20 page 10x10 or 12x12 can hold 320 *16 per page*

I just did a 38 page 12x12 with 450 pics and 7 fully processed pics for a client, it looks amazing!

Duplicate books are half priced since I just have to hit the qty button once to order the 2nd. If its ordered at a later time then its extra since I have to reupload the pics and triple check the order of the pages. : )
  • dlscott56dlscott56 Registered Users Posts: 1,324 Major grins
    edited August 6, 2013
    GerryDavid wrote: »
    You can get something like that done at WHCC through their proofing. 5x7x are like 50 cents each and the binding is $5. There are also 8x10 books with numerous pics per page.

I just started offering this for wedding clients, but I create the pages myself using ps8's contact sheet tool, and put them into an 8x8 press printed book. Looks much nicer and will last longer. I also charge a fair amount for these.

20 page 8x8's can hold 180 pics *9 per page*
    20 page 10x10 or 12x12 can hold 320 *16 per page*

I just did a 38 page 12x12 with 450 pics and 7 fully processed pics for a client, it looks amazing!

Duplicate books are half priced since I just have to hit the qty button once to order the 2nd. If its ordered at a later time then its extra since I have to reupload the pics and triple check the order of the pages. : )

Thank you very much for the information. I couldn't find this in the SmugMug product list for WHCC. So I assume this is something you order separately and provide for your client?
  • GerryDavidGerryDavid Registered Users Posts: 439 Major grins
    edited August 6, 2013
    Ive never placed an order through smugmug so im not sure what they offer.

this is something that I create manually for the client, and send in to WHCC. You can use either press printed books *the 12x12 pages were rather flimsey due to their size*, an album *pretty expensive proof book if you ask me* or use their regular proof books *not as nice looking* but def easier to setup since you just send them the files and they generate the proof pages for you.
  • dlscott56dlscott56 Registered Users Posts: 1,324 Major grins
    edited August 6, 2013
    GerryDavid wrote: »
    Ive never placed an order through smugmug so im not sure what they offer.

this is something that I create manually for the client, and send in to WHCC. You can use either press printed books *the 12x12 pages were rather flimsey due to their size*, an album *pretty expensive proof book if you ask me* or use their regular proof books *not as nice looking* but def easier to setup since you just send them the files and they generate the proof pages for you.

Thanks. I've just browsed their site and it seems pretty easy to set up.