Options

replacing breadcrumb with galery name

grosloulougrosloulou Registered Users Posts: 87 Big grins
edited August 6, 2013 in SmugMug Customization
hallo,
how did scott kelby removed breadcrumb and added name of gallery instead ?

for breadcrumb i have set all parameters to off but the house icon is still there and i don't find the panel to activate or not the gallery title

best regards
marc

Comments

• Options
    rfreschnerrfreschner Registered Users Posts: 58 Big grins
    edited August 5, 2013
    This was driving me crazy also and I finally figured out that he's probably using a Title Content Block (found under Text). I thought that you could do this by turning Display Full Breadcrumb off, but that doesn't appear to have any effect at all. At least not with only 1 level of galleries.
  • Options
    edited August 6, 2013
    rfreschner wrote: »
    This was driving me crazy also and I finally figured out that he's probably using a Title Content Block (found under Text). I thought that you could do this by turning Display Full Breadcrumb off, but that doesn't appear to have any effect at all. At least not with only 1 level of galleries.

good idea the title block !!! I will try
    I have also noticed that it is not possible to remove the breadcrumb. even empty, the "house" icon remains

best regards
    marc
  • Options
    aschendelaschendel Registered Users Posts: 283 Major grins
    edited August 6, 2013
    This thread wandered around for a bit but got to the clever point of creating a folder called Galleries and then dragging all of your other folders / galleries into that one... breadcrumbs then (it appears) work quite naturally. I'm not quite ready to burden my URLs with an extra layer, but ...

http://www.dgrin.com/showpost.php?p=1886666&postcount=30

a.s.
  • Options
    edited August 6, 2013
    grosloulou wrote: »
    good idea the title block !!! I will try
    I have also noticed that it is not possible to remove the breadcrumb. even empty, the "house" icon remains

best regards
    marc

FANTASTIC, TITLE BLOCK IS THE SOLUTION !!!
    When i dragged title block in "Animals" galery, it automatically wrote "Animals" as if it was intended to do that :-)
    MOREOVER, it is automatically added to all the other galeries :-)

in my case, galeeries is a folder and for family and job events i created a second folder.
    so i made the same with title on first gallery of events and all the other ones follow

many thanks for the trick

marc
  • Options
    edited August 6, 2013
    grosloulou wrote: »
    FANTASTIC, TITLE BLOCK IS THE SOLUTION !!!
    When i dragged title block in "Animals" galery, it automatically wrote "Animals" as if it was intended to do that :-)
    MOREOVER, it is automatically added to all the other galeries :-)

in my case, galeeries is a folder and for family and job events i created a second folder.
    so i made the same with title on first gallery of events and all the other ones follow

many thanks for the trick

marc

Be careful,
    all gallery names wrote by magic correctly but, seeing Kelby writing "Travel Gallery" instead of "Travel", I have tried it but it has changed all galeries to Travel Gallery and to have correct names I needed to edit each galleries and events galery as "custom" and wrote the new gallery name.

By the way, I have deleted now all breadcrumbs like Kelby and used a Title.
    I also modified "layout tab" top margin from 68px to 50px to have same spacing between title and header.

best regards
    marc
  • Options
    VanlippeVanlippe Registered Users Posts: 23 Big grins
    edited August 6, 2013
    The other approach is to set any gallery you want to change the title for to "Make this gallery custom". That allows you to edit the text for that one gallery's title without changing any of the other galleries. i did that with a gallery for "Bodie" and changed it to "Bodie - A California Ghost Town" without having to edit all the other galleries. The shorter title looks better on the Galleries page.