Options

how to get the search button back

thenimirrathenimirra Registered Users Posts: 697 Major grins
edited August 6, 2013 in SmugMug Customization
In all of my sleepless night tweaks, I accidently deleted the Search function box from the menu. Can someone tell me how to get it back so it appears in the menu area on my homepage? I can see it and use it when I'm signed in, but I can't see it when I'm logged out in client view. Thanks

www.pictureyourworld.net

Comments

• Options
    aschendelaschendel Registered Users Posts: 283 Major grins
    edited August 6, 2013
    Did you have (or want) the SmugMug header? That's the default and includes the Search box - you can turn that back on in the global settings section. Otherwise, you can just drag the Search Box content box from the Discovery section to the top of your Entire Site (or wherever) and tweak its settings as needed.

Andy

Global Settings:
    i-9tgQD98-L.jpg

i-mdgFM3W-M.jpg
  • Options
    snakeey11snakeey11 Registered Users Posts: 88 SmugMug Employee
    edited August 6, 2013
    There is also a search box content block under the "Discovery" section, which can be dropped on your page.
    SmugMug Sorcerer
    (and an avid landscape photographer - view my website)
  • Options
    chriswoodphotochriswoodphoto Registered Users Posts: 10 Big grins
    edited August 6, 2013
    Custom Searches
    I DEFINITELY made a mistake allowing my site to upgrade to "NEW" so soon. A small part of my business is covering running events and I had a custom search engine build into my old site. Are there any resources for custom search options in the New Smug?

For an example of what I am talking about - my old business still has the legacy Smug site which I intended to retire at the end of 2013 (I currently have 2 smugmug sites).

This is my old site with my custom search fields http://christopherwood.smugmug.com/Events

This is my new site that has been "upgraded" to new smug http://sdphotostudio.smugmug.com/Events/2013/2013-Temecula-St-Patricks-Day/i-2fJfGTG