Homepage Nav

brandofamilybrandofamily Registered Users Posts: 2,013 Major grins
edited August 7, 2013 in SmugMug Customization
I need to have a slightly different nav bar on my home page compared to my other page. As in, I don't need a home button on the homepage. How can I accomplish that?

Comments

• aschendelaschendel Registered Users Posts: 283 Major grins
    edited August 7, 2013
    Is your Home link the first one in the list? If so you should be able to do something like this (it worked for me in Sierra, I added it to a CSS block on the homepage)
    /* this may be theme specific */
    .sm-page-widget-nav-toplink:first-child
    {
      display: none;
    }

If you (or someone else reading this) needs more dramatic changes, there is a global setting which allows an "Independent Homepage" that seems to allow you a lot of flexibility.

Andy
  • brandofamilybrandofamily Registered Users Posts: 2,013 Major grins
    edited August 7, 2013
    aschendel wrote: »
    Is your Home link the first one in the list? If so you should be able to do something like this (it worked for me in Sierra, I added it to a CSS block on the homepage)
    /* this may be theme specific */
    .sm-page-widget-nav-toplink:first-child
    {
      display: none;
    }

If you (or someone else reading this) needs more dramatic changes, there is a global setting which allows an "Independent Homepage" that seems to allow you a lot of flexibility.

Andy

Thanks
    if I go independent on the homepage will any "site" type adjustments like for the theme take effect on the homepage too?
    I actually had a similar question about custom galleries.
  • aschendelaschendel Registered Users Posts: 283 Major grins
    edited August 7, 2013
    When I played with the independent home page, it picked up a lot of the Theme stuff (fonts, colors, etc.) but it didn't have the Menu Bar or Footer, for example, so I had to add those and customize them specifically. I think if you just play with it (and custom galleries) a bit you'll pretty quickly see if this approach increases maintenance more than you want.

Thanks!

Andy

p.s. Thanks for asking your initial question, I used the "answer" (basically - I actually underline the "current" link) I gave on my site, Laughing.gif, and think it's better...