Options

How to link homepage images to place in journal view?

dpollittdpollitt Registered Users Posts: 27 Big grins
edited August 9, 2013 in SmugMug Customization
When you click on an image directly from my homepage(http://www.properspective.com/), it takes you to the first image in the journal view of that gallery that I named "Popular Images". How can I modify this so that clicking on a particular image from my homepage takes the user to that particular image in journal view of the gallery?

Example - Click on the image of the Eiffel Tower here: http://www.properspective.com/ . Result - Takes you to journal view and shows you a sunset image in Hawail. I would like this to take you directly to journal view of the Eiffel Tower image.

Comments

• Options
    leronelerone Registered Users Posts: 22 Big grins
    edited August 9, 2013
    hey there - I have the same question. I want a single full-page image to link to my browse-page.

basically the general question is how to get a self-picked and customizable image with a freely customizable link, beyond the options given currently (which either lead to the galleries of the image used, or to a new page/new window if you put in a self-chosen URL)
    at the moment this kind of simple customization of assigning your own links from images *within SmugMug* seems not possible (I am in kind of contact with SmugMug support about this, and waiting for final answer, before making this a "feature" request).

in the forum a workaround suggested was to use the profile box for this purpose. but it is a very clunky only-kind-of-work-around, since another restriction currently makes images in the profile box stick to a 3:1 ratio. (nevertheless the text overlay there can be used for inserting fully customizable html-links).

but, basically if you want one image and a self assigned, freely chosen link to within your SmugMug-site it seems you are stuck...
    ... I hope this is worked on as the one big thing besides aesthetics in the current SmugMug is... customization.